25 - ANTI SOCIAL

FREEN'S POV:

Its Saturday night and I'm staying alone at home. Nam, the generous lady lent this place to me soon after I freed from the prison. It's located in a very old terrace building somewhere close to the bakery shop. There are 5 partitions in each floor. It's a 3 floors terrace building. And mine is located in the second floor towards the right end of the building. This building looks hunted cause the paint is peeling off and faded. Some of the lamps on the building are even left defected and unfixed.

Every portion consists of living room, kitchen, and dining area which were all detached together in one room, plus with 1 small bedroom and 1 attached bathroom-toilet. There is no Aircon provided, only a fan. It's too small but I didn't complained cause I know this is my place now. This is where I'm supposed to be.

Normally people are going to spend their Saturday night either by going to the party with friends, or having a dinner date with beloved one or gathering with a family. And me? I spend most of my Saturday night sitting alone in my living room while eating instant cup noodle in a dim light. I know it sounds boring. But I already adapted to being alone. I'm completely shutting myself from outside world.

There is no TV in my living room, though I love to watch movies a lot in the past. Usually I would just sitting there quietly doing nothing, sometimes I was thinking what I'm going to do with my future? What exactly I'm aiming for in life? My life seems to be hopeless.

Fo the first two weeks after being freed from prison, I was si motivated, I tried to find a decent job just to live well, unfortunately I always ended up being rejected which slowly affected my positive mind. I started to lose hope. I think I will never get a chance to have a decent spot in this world anymore. I'm lucky enough that Nam help me but I can't just fully depend on her, I need to be independent and stand by my own.

But the thing is, my criminal records just hunt and block every chance for me to go to a better place. I never regret my decision to fund Becca's eyes operation. I'm happy that she's having a normal life now. She have lost so many great opportunities in life for being blind now she could see again, I'm happy that she's living her life to the fullest and achieving her dream. I'm so proud of her and cheers her from a far. Doesn't matter if I have a sucks life as long as she doesn't.

It's 8 in the evening I decided to check my food stocks in my kitchen and I realized I'm running out of food. My Saturday night will never be complete without instant cup noodles. So I decided to o out for a bit.

So I go to my room and grab my fla nel yellow shirt that is hanging on my bedroom wall. I'm currently wearing long trousers with extra size white sleeveless shirt. So I decided to put my flannel shirt in cause the material if my shirt is too thin and transparent. Soon I grab a money and keys in the drawer next to my bed and put it inside my pocket. A few moments later, I step out. While I'm busy locking my front door, I realized from the corner of my eyes that someone is currently standing on my left side. So immediately I check. I'm shocked.

It's BECCA...

P/s: this story will have 5 chapter left. I just want to remind to all my readers. Thank you na kah! <3