1. Mr and Mrs. Basu

Vaani's Pov

'Good morning ma'am.' The receptionist greeted me as I entered into the Basu's & Co. building.

'Is Agastya in his cabin ?'

'I am not sure ma'am.'

'Alright. I will just see myself.'

The elevator dinged as it reached the 12th floor.

I exited the elevator and stood in front of the door with the name plate reading Agastya Basu, CEO.

I didn't care about knocking on the door because I wanted to see his annoyed face but instead of finding my scowling husband I met with an empty cabin.

Must be in a meeting. I thought and sat on his chair.

After a while I heard the door opening and footsteps approaching the table.

'Vaani just get up from my chair.'

'No greetings husband ?'

'Listen I am not really in a mood to quarrel with you right now.'

'Wow ! Now you are hurting me Oggy. What do you mean by quarrel huh ? I was just trying to make a conversation with my dear husband.' I said in my best possible sarcastic tone.

'I didn't marry you out of love alright. It was a marriage arranged by our parents as a token of their age old friendship and also for the well being of our companies. Also you aren't bound to stay under the same roof forever as be both secretly signed this contract which states that we are husband and wife only for a year. It's not like you don't know all these facts so stop using the word husband to taunt me. And what's with Oggy huh ? It's Agastya alright.'

'Alright Oggy.' I said in a shrill voice feigning sadness.

'You frustrate me incredibly you know.'

'Thank you.'

'It wasn't a compliment Vaani.'

'It wasn't ?' I asked batting my eyelashes at him. He felt clearly annoyed and had his famous scowl resting on his face.

My victorious moment was broken by a knock on the door.

'Come in.' He said.

In came Maya in her tight fitted dress with a fake smile on her face.

She greeted Agastya but didn't greet me as she was too busy eyeing my husband to notice my presence. I don't like this woman.

'Are you done checking my husband out Miss Sen ?'

'No ma'am. I wouldn't dare to do that. It's just sir's tie is a bit crooked so....'

'So what ?' I asked.

'If sir wouldn't mind I can make it tidy as sir has a meeting coming up with one of his important client.'

'It's ok Miss Sen. You need not to worry yourself. His wife is present to fix his tie. You can finish your business here and go back to your cabin to complete your remaining task as time is important you know.' I said, clearly miffed.

'Sure ma'am. Sir this file has all the data regarding the finance which you wanted to see.'

'Alright Miss Sen. Just keep it on the table and you may take your leave.'

'Yes sir.' She kept the file on the table and left not before giving me a tight lipped smile and a full blown flirty smile to Agastya.

'I don't know why you still didn't fire her ?'

'Do I smell jealousy Mrs. Basu ?' He asked with a cheshire cat grin displayed on his face.

'You are delusional Mr.Basu.' I replied back, slightly flustered by the looks he was giving me.

'Well Agastya I had some things to discuss about the inauguration ceremony of our hotel which was the part of our first joint project. So if you aren't too busy can we proceed with that ?'

'Ofcourse but you have only 30 mins because I got a meeting with my Delhi client in the next hour.'

I so wanna wipe that smug look from his face but for now maybe I will just let it slide.

____________________________________

💜