16. The Drunk Kiss

Agastya's Pov

'Vaaniiiii, you are tiny.' I giggled.

Well, after having dinner we decided on drinking. But then things went on to another direction with our quarrel on who is a lightweight. Now, as you all can see, we are way too drunk to realise that we are drunk.

'Agastya you are a giant.' She gestured with her hands to show how big I am and giggled.

'Agastyaaaaaa.....'

'Oggyyyyyyy......'

'Giant Oggy......'

'What's with the names Vaani ?'

'Noooo...thing.' She continued giggling.

'Agastya....' She called again.

'I know my name is Agastya.' I said.

'You are soooooo grumpyyyy.' She slurred.

Before I could say anything, she continued, 'Agastya, you know the day before yesterday I ran into a man while hurriedly exiting a cafe. He was very charming. He was a gentleman too. I kind of ruined his shirt but then he didn't mind rather he bought me another coffee.'

'Good for you.' My tone neutral with a hint of annoyance.

'Agastya, come closer.'

'Why ?' I questioned, now slightly annoyed.

'I will tell you a secret. Come come.'

I shifted my chair closer to hers.

'But Agastya, strangely he wasn't as handsome as you are.' She wispered as if it's a very confidential information. 'And sulking makes you look cute-r.' She smiled.

Even though her smile is angelic, I can't accept the statement that I am cute. 'Vaani, I am not cute. I am handsome.' I stated, flipping my imaginary long hair.

'No, you are cute.' She argued, kissing me on the cheek.

'Vaani, you can't kiss me.'

'Whyyy ?' She pouted.

'Because it messes up everything.'

'Really ?' She got up from the chair. 'Then maybe I should find someone else.' She yelled, while climbing up the stairs.

'What ? Someone else ? No way.' I ran behind her, stumbling by a few steps but successfully reaching my room. Rather our room.

'Agastya, let's play catch me if you can.' She said, out of blue.

'No.' I said.

'Yes.'

'I said no Vaani.'

'I said yes Grumpy Kinggggg.'

'I said no Silly Queennnnn.'

'I don't care.' She stood up on the bed, took a pillow and threw at me which I failed to dodge.

She did it again with another one landing flat on my face.

'Not fair.' I said and climbed up on the bed.

'Nooo....' she giggled and tried to get down the bed but before she could I pulled her back, making us both lose our balance and fall on the bed.

'Woaaaaa.' She yelled.

My one hand went behind her head and another held her by her waist.

'This time it happened as it is supposed to be.' I said, looking at her confused face.

'Huhh ?'

'Remember last time, during that power cut when I fell into your arms, you said that it's generally the women who fall into the arms of their men.'

'Right.' She laughed.

We stayed like that for a while, enjoying the comfortable silence.

'Agastya, don't look at me like that.' She said, her voice a whisper.

'Like what ?'

'Like you want to kiss me.' She said.

She was still lying in my arms, her long hair sprawled across the pillows, her face flushed and her mesmerising eyes looking at me through her framed long eyelashes.

I don't know under what spell I am in right now. Is it the spell of the beauty lying in my arms or the effect of alcohol in my system that I say, 'I do. Do you want me to ?'

She looked at me for a while. Studying me.

After a long pause, she said, 'Kiss me.'

And that's it.

It felt warm and fuzzy as our drunk breaths and lips mingled with each other. Her lips were soft, she applied the right amount of pressure and smelled so good. I felt the burst of adrenaline running through me as my heart pounded erratically against my chest.

Vaani pulled away, breathless, a drugged look in her eyes.

She looks so enchanted right now that I can't help but put my lips on hers again. This one was not soft or tender. It was deep.

She presses her hands on my chest and pulls away. Her eyes are still closed, chest heaving up and down and swollen lips parted to catch all the missed breaths.

Slowly she opens her eyes and looks up at me. Her eyes are drowsy.

I shift and lay down on the space beside her. None of us say anything.

My staring contest with the ceiling breaks when I feel her snuggling into me. Her soft snores reach my ears indicating that she has fallen asleep.

A smile breaks on my face. Things might change tomorrow but for now I want to leave in the present.

'Goodnight Silly Queen.' I say as I embrace her into my arms.

'Night Grumpy King.' She murmurs, as I close my eyes, contented how the day turned out to be.

____________________________________

💜