21. A little bits of everything

Continuation

Vaani's Pov

'So, how does it feel to experience your favourite weather with your favourite person ?' Agastya questioned while wrapping his arms around me and putting his chin on my shoulder.

We returned back to the hotel Agastya booked after our little moment at the beach got interrupted by tiny drops of rain.

'And who told you that you are my favourite person ?' I questioned back.

'I just happen to know.' He replied.

'Did not know you were a mind reader.'

'I don't hear a straight away denial. That means I am correct, right ?' He asked, all smily.

'Whatever.' I replied, chuckling.

The wind has whipped up into a frenzy. Light rain has now turned into a downpour accompanied by momentary roars of angry clouds. A homely, baked-earth smell rises from the soil as it gets washed and cleansed by the tears of rain.  

'Petrichor !' Agastya exclaims.

'Right. The smell of the first rain after a dry spell.' I say, leaning back more into him.

'Btw, when did you arrange all this ?' I asked.

'Turned my one week's rest from the sprain a bit productive.' 

'Impressive !' 

'Come, I have something to show you.' 

'What ?' I questioned, following him into our room.

'Okay...But first close your eyes.' He said, turning back.

'But why ?' 

'Aray....come on, just do it Vaani, please.' He requested.

'Okay.' I gave in.

He lead me in somewhere and asked me to open my eyes.

As soon as I opened my eyes, it landed on the canvas which had a portrait of a woman getting wet in the rain. My eyes went to the initials at the bottom of the canvas which shows A.Basu. 

'You draw ?' I asked, surprised by the newfound information. 

'Yah sometimes. You know just like how some people take the help of their journal pages to vent out their utmost thoughts and expressions, painting is like that for me.'

'I never knew.' I say, still at daze.

'So, who is this woman ? Anyone who you know or just random ?' I ask.

'Take a good look and you will figure it out.' He replies.

The woman looks familiar though.

WAIT A SECOND !!!

'Is that me ?' 

'Yah ! That's you. Remember the day you fed me khichdi and soon after went outside to get yourself drenched in the rain ?'

'Yah right.' I say.

'Wow Agastya. I feel like your way of portraying me from that day is far more beautiful than I looked that day.'

'Oh, shut up Vaani !'

'No, Agastya I me.......' My words halted as I turned around and came face to face with Agastya or rather collided with his chest.

'When did you paint that picture ?' I asked.

'That day itself. At night.' He replied.

'Why are you not there in the picture when you were also present at that moment ?' I ask out of curiosity.

'Vaani, the picture is from my point of view.' 

'Oh !!'

'So, I was a part of your utmost thoughts huh ?' 

'Yah....WHAT ? NOOO.....'

'It's okay Agastya...I don't mind huh !' 

'Stop using that huh and that teasing tone Vaani.' He complained.

'You could have shown me the next day.' I say.

'That thought did cross my mind but then I decided against it thinking that it would be awkward.'

'So, it isn't awkward now ?' I question.

'Not really.' He answers.

'Why so ?' 

'Because now I can pull you to myself......'

'Yah ?'

'And kiss your luscious and.....' His face bent down into mine in slow motion, like a dream, blurred, 'inviting lips...' and then disappeared as I felt his hot mouth close over mine. At that moment everything went oddly quiet, like the space of silence between lightning and thunder.

'Ahhh.....' I replied in a slightly tremulous voice as he moved away a little, his enchanting eyes studying my face.

 'What ?' I ask, as I find a look of worry adorning his face.

'Vaani....'

'Umm....'

'What happens after 5 months ?'

'What 5 mon.....' Right ! Realization dawns upon me that our marriage as per the contract is valid only for 5 more months.

'If things don't work out then let's go our separate ways and if they do let's get married again, maybe !' I say, trying to cheer up the mood.

'Okay.' He whispers, taking me in for a hug.

I hope it's the later.

'Me too.' He says.

This time rather than getting embarrassed for being loud with my thoughts, a smile adorns my face as I hug him back.

'So.....you were saying I was a part of your utmost thoughts huh ?' 

'Not again Vaani....' 
____________________________________

💜