13. Shattering his boundaries

Agastya's Pov

After talking to mom and promising her that I will send our pictures, I came down and asked the receptionist if Vaani asked her anything regarding any place or destination. But much to my dismay, the receptionist answered in negative. Even her phone is busy.

'How far is the beach from here ?' I asked the receptionist.

'Roughly 20-25 minutes Sir.' The receptionist answered.

'Okay, thank you.'

It took me 20 minutes to reach the beach. The setting sun's red rays has lit up the sky above the western horizon.The waves were crashing the shore in a rhythmic motion. The sea air was thick with salt and humidity.

And there she was, in her white floral dress, looking at the setting sun and struggling against the wind to keep her hair in place.

'Vaani.' She turned around.

I walked towards her.

'You had me worried.' I said looking at her.

She looked adorable with her face flushed red and hairs out of place. A look of content descended on her face.

And suddenly she did the most unexpected thing. She hugged me.

I was completely stunned for a second until those jitters returned, breaking my daze.

She broke the hug and looked up at me. Her arms were still around me.

The golden disc is now touching the surface of the ocean, spreading its last rays.

A feeling of not letting her go gnaws at my pounding heart.

What are you doing to me Vaani ? Stop shattering my boundaries.

Contrary to my thoughts, I pulled Vaani into me, wrapping my arms around her. This feels right. This feels good.

'I am sorry.' I said.

'Okay.' She replied.

We stayed like that for a moment.

'We should click pictures, you know. Mom reminded me to send her our pictures few minutes back.' I said, smiling down at her.

'Okay.'

After clicking a few pictures, bickering with each other and shopping this and that we decided on having dinner outside. After dinner we returned to our hotel and bickered some more on who is going to take which side of the bed and went to sleep.
____________________________________

In the Morning :

The blinding daylight fell on Vaani's and Agastya's face as they forgot to draw the curtains yesterday. Their eyes fluttered open and the first thing they saw was each other, very close, their faces were inches apart. They were tangled in each others embrace. The pillows were magically on the floor and some near their feet.

And to Agastya's suprise, Vaani kicked him out of the bed.

'Oh fuck !' I muttered.

'Fuck Vaani ! What was that ?'

'Did that hurt ?' She asked, trying not to smile.

'No, it was fun.' I said, sarcastically.

'O God Agastya ! Your horrified face was so funny.' And there you go, she started laughing.

'Stop laughing Vaani.'

'Ok Agastya, since you can't keep your hands off me, I think you should take the couch.'

This woman !

'Why don't you ? Your 5'10 self is perfect.' I retorted back.

'Nope. That's won't work.' She said, getting down the bed.

'Then it won't work for me to. I will sleep on the bed only.'

'Then I will kick you out again.' Vaani said, strolling towards the washroom.

'I can do the same to you.' Can I ?

'No, you can't.' Chuckling, she shut the door behind her.

Did I say that out loud ? I stood there, bewildered.

____________________________________

💜