8. My wife

Vaani's Pov

After dinner we both came back to his room.

'Vaani.'

'Yah.' I replied while putting my clothes in his wardrobe.

'Listen, umm...I have some work left so I will manage on the sofa, you take the bed.'

'No.'

'What ?' He asked.

'No. I mean the bed is big enough to fit two people, you see.'

'So, you want to sleep together ?' He asked.

'Yes.' Wait what ? 'Nooooo.' I said looking at him.

'You said yes.' He said grinning.

'What I meant is that we both can sleep on the bed with a partition of pillows between us.'

'What if you jump on me at night ?' He asked, trying to put up an innocent look.

'I have no interest in doing so. Now, I am tired and going to bed. Do whatever you want. Good night.'

Chortling, he said, 'Good night.'

____________________________________

In the morning :

Agastya was using the washroom while I was getting ready for the day.

I was putting on the earrings when he came out of the washroom only in his sweatpants.

Wow ! He has a nice built.

Drops of water trailed down his chiseled body as he wiped his hair with the bath towel.

I shifted my attention to what I was doing, before he could catch me staring at him.

'Liked what you see ?' He asked while coming towards the mirror.

Yah. 'Nope.' I replied.

'But a moment earlier your eyes said something else.' A smug smile rested on his face as he stood behind me.

'Agastya, put your brain out of the gutter and go get ready.'

'Then move. I need the mirror to get ready.'

'I don't think you need a mirror to put on a shirt. And even if you do stand behind me and do that.'

'No, I need to admire myself while getting ready and for that I need the full mirror.'

'You are being ridiculous. Whatever, since I am done you can have the mirror all to your narcissist self.'

Saying so I was walking out of the room when he held my hand and pulled me backwards.

'Agastya...' I squeaked as my hands went onto his chest to support myself as he trapped me between himself and the dressing table.

'What was that ? Didn't you say....'

'Hush !' He shushed me by placing his finger on my lips.

'You forgot something.'

'What ?' I asked.

Without answering he leaned towards me making me lean backwards. What is he doing ?

'You forgot this.' He said bringing the vermillion box in front of me.

'Oh ! It's because of you only.'

'Me ?'

'Yah. You were blabbering so much that I forgot to apply it.'

'Since the mistake is mine, let me rectify it then.'

'Rectify ?' I asked.

Without replying he took a pinch of vermillion from the box and applied it on the partition of my hair.

'There you go.' He turned me towards the mirror. A bit of it fell on the tip of my nose. 'My wife.'

We both were gazing at each other through our reflections. Those two words did something to my heart.

Ignoring the unknown sensation I thought of teasing him.

'Agastya, do you know there's this saying in Hindu culture that while applying vermillion, if a bit of it falls on the nose, then it is a sign of your husband's love.' I said, maintaining the eye contact with him.

'Ah....oh !' He replied, looking away.

To tease him even more I asked, 'Gosh Agastya, are you blushing ? Gross....'

'Huh.....no, not at all.' He replied, clearly flustered.

'Kidding.' I chuckled.

'Get ready and come down for breakfast.' Saying so I went out of the room with an overwhelming sensation still gnawing at my heart.

____________________________________

💜