20. Yes

Vaani's Pov 

'What should I wear ?' I pondered while staring at my wardrobe.

'Should I just try on something casual ? But this is our first date.' I kept on thinking hard.

'I should have brought a new dress ig.'

The doorbell rang. Who could it be ? 

I opened the door to find a smiling Sahana at my doorstep.

'Sahana ? You here ? Any problem at the office ?' I questioned.

'Not at all ma'am. I am here to deliver this dress and help you in grooming up.' Sahana said, handing me a package. 

'What's this ?' I asked.

'A gift from Agastya Sir.' 

'A gift ?' I asked while going towards my room. Sahana following suit.

I opened the box to find a gorgeous black coloured silk saree with a matching, embroidered, sleeveless blouse. 

'It's lovely.' I commented, a smile resting on my face.

'Alright. Now that the dress is chosen, let me help you get ready.' Sahana said.

'Sure. But one thing. I don't like heavy makeup. So some eyeliner and just some lipstick will do.'

'Okay ma'am.'

'Ma'am you look beautiful.' Sahana commented.

'Thank you Sahana.' I said wearing my heels.

'I am all done but Agastya did not ring me up yet.' 

'Ma'am, Sir is waiting for you at the venue.' Sahana said giving me a playful smile. 'Your driver is waiting outside.'

'Driver ? Alright.' Saying so I went towards the car.

'Ramu kaka, where are we exactly heading to ?' I asked.

'There is a private jet waiting for you. We are going there.' He answered.

'And where am I heading by that jet ?' I asked, slightly confused by all the events.

'That I don't know ma'am.'

I decided on calling Agastya but his phone went unanswered. 

Where is he waiting exactly ? The flight ride was good but the jitters didn't let me rest well.

'We are here ma'am.' The flight attendant said. 'Go straight ahead and you will find him.'

The sky was dark. I kept on walking ahead. After a few steps, I felt sand beneath my shoes and heard the ripples of the ocean against the shore.

I am at a beach ?

Just then the lights fluttered on and there he was, dressed up in a black tux, a breathtaking smile on face as he covered the distance and stood in front of me.

My heart did a somersault as I took him in. I felt blessed and lucky.

'I hope there wasn't any major inconvenience on your way.' He said, taking my hand in his and guiding me to our table.

The place was decorated with rose petals, candles, fairy lights and lanterns. It seemed dreamy.

He pulled out a chair for me and took the one opposite to me.

'This is splendid.'

'Not more than you.' He commented.

'Cheesy but thank you. Also, you got a nice choice.'

'Ofcourse I do. I married you afterall.' He replied.

'Yah right.' I said, enjoying our banter.

'So why Goa ? I mean there are a lot of fancy places for dates in Kolkata itself.' I asked, curious.

'You really liked this place the last time we visited Goa. And since this is our first date, I wanted it to be special and memorable. So, are you happy ?' He asked.

'Very much.' I replied, as a waiter came in with a tray of snacks.

'Milk tea ?' I asked, surprised. 'I though you liked coffee.'

'I do. But made a small compromise for this beautiful lady.' He said, pointing towards me.

'I didn't know you were this cheesy Agastya.' I replied.

'Anything for you.' 

'O stop it Agastya.' I said, smiling.

'Are you blushing ? Gross !'

'Do you want a beating Agastya ?' And we continued with our fun banters as we munched on our food. We could see the excitement on each others faces as we spoke. 

When we were finished, Agastya stood up and held out his hand for me. 'A walk please ?'

I smiled at his dramatic gesture as I gave in my hand. The night breeze caressed our skin as we strolled by the beach. 

Agastya came to a halt and turned around to look at me. For a few minutes none of us said anything.

'You look heart stopping.' He said, his voice so low I have to strain to hear it. 'It feels so right when I am with you', he continued as his left hand freed my hair from the hold and right wrapped around me. 'Can I have the permission of feeling your lips ?' He asked, his words a husky whisper in my ear. 'Vaani.'

I am

on fire.

I am diving into an ocean of emotions and nothing even matters anymore. Not my worries about what might happen next or what we become or where we progress.

The only thing matters is this moment. His strong body pressed against mine and his firm hands finding a way to bring me closer.

My hands are in his hair and I know I want so much more of him.

So I just close my eyes and whisper a yes.

And the next moment I feel his lips on mine.

I held onto him as I felt dizzy. My own pulse fluttered like an excited butterfly as I felt the warmth of his lips caress mine lovingly and passionately.

'I want to make this marriage work Vaani.'  He whispered against my lips and waited patiently for my answer.

'Me too.' That's all I could say before he took me in for another burning kiss.

____________________________________

💜

Under one roof !On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara