18. Start Over

Vaani's Pov

'Dev, what are you up to ?' I asked, pulling him aside.

'Just adding a spice to your love story.' He said, smiling down at me.

'Sure. As if he will become jealous !'

'He sure as hell is.' He said.

'Stop being delusional and go have a seat. I am bringing our dinner.'

'Let me help.' He said, following me to the kitchen.

'Mmmm Vaani, the food is so good.' Dev praised.

'If so, come often and I will treat you with delicious foods.'

'I can but would Agastya like that ?' Dev asked, looking at Agastya who sat opposite him.

'Sure Dev. You are welcome.'

'Totally false.' Dev whispered near my ear.

'Dev focus on your food okay ?'

'Alright ma'am.'

'So Dev, you are a doctor.' Agastya stated.

'Right.'

'And you specialise in ?'

'Love.'

'Sorry what ?'

'I meant heart. I am a cardiologist. So if you ever get your heart broken, come to me, I will fix it.' Dev said, laughing.

'Your way with words is quite appreciable.' Agastya commented.

'Oh ! Thank you.'

Our dinner session continued with small talks, Dev's delusional pranks to make Agastya jealous and Agastya's momentary glares.

'Thank you guys for having me. I had a great time tonight.'

'Bye Agatya.'

'Bye sweetheart.' He said and went away not before winking and signalling me to take a look at Agastya's face.

'Won't you go to bed ?' I asked after seeing Agastya going toward his office room.

'No, I have some work.'

Without any further questions I climbed up the stairs and went to bed.

I woke up at midnight feeling thirsty.

The clock showed 3:30 AM.

Where is he ?

Don't tell me he didn't come to bed and is still in his office.

I went towards his office room but it was locked.

Where did he go ?

'Agastya....' I called him but no response came.

I went outside to check the swimming pool area and there he was, sitting by the pool.

'Agastya, you had me worried.' I said, walking towards him.

'Why ?' He asked as I took a seat beside him, dipping my legs into the cold water.

The night was calm and was surrounded with the ethereal glow of the full moon and stars which seemed like little white pin pricks.

'What happened Agastya ?' I asked, looking at him.

'Just a bad day Vaani.'

'Share it with me.'

'There is actually no such particulars to share.'

'Want a hug ?' I asked.

Without any words he scooted closer to me.

I embraced him in for a warm hug.

'Agastya....'

'Hmmm ?'

'I won't force you to open up but you can always share what's on your mind without the fear of being judged. I don't mind random thoughts too you know.'

'Really ? What happened to that Vaani Banerjee who always used to scowl at me and didn't leave a chance of quarreling with me ?'

'As if you didn't quarrel ? As if everytime we met, you spoke to me with words only quoted with honey and sugar.'

'Right.' He chuckled.

The silence of the night was disturbed by some unknown gust of wind which blew by causing the leaves of the trees to rustle against each other.

'Agastya, the night is almost going to end. Let's go to bed.'

'Yahhh.' He shifted away from my embrace.

'Let's go.' I said, turning to leave.

'Vaani.'

Just like that unknown breeze which blew by, an unbeknownst air surrounded us as I turned back to look at him.

'Vaani....I am still not sure about what I want but I don't know why at this moment I want to act on my impulse. Let's start over. Let's go on a date.'

'So, Mrs. Vaani Basu would you like to go on a date with me ?' He asked

'Agastya.....I will......'

'You will ?' He waited impatiently.

'I will think about it.' Saying so, I ran away laughing all through my way.

'Vaani....' I heard Agastya's sulky voice behind as he chased after me.

____________________________________

💜