6. First fight

Agastya's Pov

It's been a month since that day in the rain. Since then I have been experiencing this overwhelming feeling whenever she is around me. It feels like constant over-caffeination- the jitters bubbling up in my chest causing me to fear that my heart will explode but it isn’t an anxious, sweaty-palm kind of fear. It is inviting.

Is she feeling the same too ?

What is this feeling ?

Is it attraction or any kind of fascination ?

Am I........no way..... it's not love..... definitely not.

Or....maybe......no no.....I am just overthinking....yah yah overthinking only.

'Sir, shall we go with these ? Sir...' Ms. Sen called me, breaking my trance.

'Yah...ummm...just send me the presentation once. I will go through it once more and then give my final statement.'

'Meeting is dismissed.' I said.

Fuck ! I can't even concentrate on my work.

I went back to my office, clearly frustrated with my lack of attention in the meeting room.

____________________________________

Vaani's Pov

'Okay guys since we just cracked our most awaited deal with all of our sweats and hard works I am allowing you all to take an early leave today. Good work all of you.'

'Thank you ma'am.'

'Sahana, just come to my cabin once.'

'Yes ma'am.'

'So, is there anything important on my schedule tomorrow ?' I asked her while packing my stuffs.

'No ma'am. Nothing important.'

'Good. You can take a leave tomorrow.'

'No ma'am. It's ok.'

'No, it's not. Take this leave and recharge yourself alright. Don't worry, you will get your paycheck in full amount by the end of the month.' I said, smiling at her.

'Thank you ma'am. I will take my leave now.'

'Yes. Good work.'

What should I do ?  I pondered.

Maybe pay a surprise visit to my dear husband. Annoying him is fun.

____________________________________

At Agastya's office :

'Good evening Ritam.' Ritam is Agastya's PA.

'Agastya is in his office right ?' I asked him.

'Good evening ma'am. Yes ma'am, sir is in his office.'

'Okay.'

'Ma'am.' Before I could get into the elevator Ritam called me.

'Yes.'

'Ma'am I don't what happened but sir seemed really angry today.'

'Angry ?' I asked.

'Yes ma'am.'

'Okay, you can go.'

I was just going to knock on his office door when I heard him yelling at someone.

So without knocking I entered inside to see him yelling at one of his employees.

'Can't you do one thing right ? How many times I have to tell you to be careful while filling the record ?' He yelled.

'Sorry sir. I will just redo it.'

'Agastya, calm down.' I intervened.

'And you just go and redo it properly ok.' I said to the employee.

'Yes ma'am.' Taking the file from Agastya's desk, the poor employee scurried off through the door.

'Why the hell did you dismiss him ?' He yelled at me.

'Calm down Agastya. You are shooing away all your employees with your barkings.
And here I thought I bark and you meow.'

'Shut up Vaani. I am in no mood of tolerating your nonsense.'

'Okay okay, no more nonsense. What got you all worked up ?'

'Nothing.' He stated.

'You are clearly frustrated with something. What happened Agastya ?' I asked.

'Nothing Vaani. Just leave, please.'

'Then why are you shouting at your employees ? Clearly something happened. I won't leave until you tell me. Now tell me or else.....'

'Or else what huh ? What ? You will use your tactics again right ? Tell mom ? Go, do that. Just fucking stop irritating me Vaani. You clearly don't understand when I talk to you nicely. Please, leave.' He yelled.

Agastya's Pov

'I was gonna say or else I will stop being your friend. Remember you only said let's become friends atleast for we might gonna work together on a project in near future.'

'And Agastya, stop taking your frustrations out on your employees. Sorry for irritating you with my nonsense. Bye.'

'Vaani.....' before I could say anything she left.

Shit ! Why did I have to shout at her ? It's not her fault that I was unable to concentrate on my work.

Stupid thoughts. Stupid mind. Stupid heart. Ugh ! I need to think straight.

Ig I messed up for real. Fuck !

I should refresh my mind and apologise to her.

____________________________________

💜