11. Not meant to be ?

Agastya's Pov

'Mom, dad I am sorry that I can't accompany you guys back home.'

'It's ok son.' Dad said.

'Plus, our daughter will be going with us. So it's alright son. Complete all your works and have a safe and happy trip. Don't forget to send us the pictures.' Mom said.

'Okay.'

'Oh Vaani ! You look gorgeous.' Mom commented.

There she was, descending down the stairs, adorned in a beautiful baby blue colour saree, looking all venust.

'Thanks Mom. Let's go.'

'Bye son, close your mouth.' Dad patted my back and went inside the car with mom who was laughing at my embarrassment.

'Your cheeks are flushed Agastya.' Vaani said, standing in front of me.

The sunlight falling on her made her look alluring. She was practically glowing.

'Agastya ?' She called again.

I answered coming out of my daze, 'yah.'

'Nothing.' She smiled slightly, shaking her head and went towards the car.

____________________________________

Vaani's Pov

I was just climbing up the stairs after coming back home when I heard the main door opening.

'Hey ! You are back early ? It's just 7:30 PM right now.'

'Yaah !' Agastya replied.

'You didn't change yet ?' He asked.

'No, I just returned.' I replied.

'Oh !'

'I think it's gonna rain again. Thick clouds have blotted out the stars.' His voice sounded complaining.

'It's called rainy season for that reason Agastya.'  I replied while climbing up the stairs.

Oh ! Realisation dawned upon me as I entered inside his room.

Mom and dad is no longer here for me to stay in his room. I should move into my room.

'Agastya.' I called him.

'Coming.' He replied from downstairs.

'Yahhh, tell.' He said coming into the room.

'Help me move my stuffs back into my room, plz.'

'Why ?' He asked.

'Mom and dad is no longer here so I should move back into my room.'

'No....' I looked at him, puzzled. He continued, 'I mean, see since we will be staying in two different rooms, the amount on the electricity bill will increase right ? I should save money. Also we should save electricity too.'

'Electricity ?' I asked, amused.

'Yaah. And we have been sleeping on the same bed for a week. It's big enough to fit us both.'

He is confusing.

'Vaani ?' He called me.

'Okay ig.' I agreed, God knows why.

'You change here, I will change in the other room.' Agastya said and was moving out of the room when everything turned black.

'Oh no !' Agastya exclaimed, turning on his torchlight.

'Do you have candles ? The big ones ?' I asked.

'Yaah ig. But it's downstairs.' He said.

'Okay, I will get it.'

'No, you wait here. I will bring it.'

'Okay. Ah ! Also bring a matchstick or a lighter maybe.'

'It's in my drawer.' He said, descending down the stairs.

'Did you smoke or what ?' I questioned.

'It's not only for smoking purpose, you know.' He replied from downstairs.

He lighted up the candles.

'Where should I keep it ?' He asked.

'Maybe there.' I pointed towards a corner.

'Now what ?' He asked.

'We wait for the current to come.' I replied.

For a while, none of us said anything.

We both were seating at the two ends of the bed.

Outside the air was still, as the wind had died down. Faint thundering could be heard at a distance.

It was turning awkward now.

'It feels hot now.' Agastya said, standing up.

'Yah yah !' I too stood up. 'I think we should probably change into our night wears you know. You take one candle and change your clothes in the next room.'

'Yah, right.' He replied moving towards the wardrobe to take his clothes out.

But before he could reach his destination, 'Ouh ouh, Agastya careful.' He tripped over the carpet and fell on me, resulting in both us falling on the bed, with him over me and his lips on my neck.

Woah there !

'Shit ! I am so sorry.' He said, looking down at me.

Too make the situation less awkward I said, 'Well, that was quite unique, you know. I mean it's generally the women who fall into their men's arms but in your case it's quite the opposite.'

A small smile tugged on his lips.

'So, I am your man huh ?' He asked.

'When did I say that ?'

'So I am not ?' He asked, looking down at me.

He was handsome, no doubt. The glow from the candle sharpened his features. His light brown eyes glowed as he looked down at me. The first two buttons of his shirt was undone. Sweat accumulated on his forehead. His hair was untidy. But nevertheless, he looked like a hot mess.I could feel my heart pounding against my chest as I took in the position we were in. I was caged between his arms and the bed. There was a very little distance left between us.

He leaned in further.

Lighting flashed across the sky followed by a roar of thunder.

'Agastya.' I breathed out.

'Vaani.' He said, sounding deep.

Suddenly the lights turned on and the grip of reality pulled us apart.

He got up and said looking everywhere but me, 'I am really sorry. Please forgive me. It wasn't meant to happen.'

Wow ! What was I even expecting.

Without saying anything I went towards the wardrobe, took out my clothes and was going out of the room.

But before I left, I turned back to look at him and said, 'Agastya, don't do things which aren't meant to be' and went out of the room.

____________________________________

💜