9. Family time

Agastya's Pov

'Son, it has been six months since your marriage and you both still didn't go on a proper honeymoon.' Mom stated.

'Mom, we went. Remember when we had to leave for Bangalore after two days of our marriage ?'

'That was for business purpose son.' Dad said.

'Yah, but we did spent some quality time after our working hours. Right Vaani ?'

'Yes mom.'

'But that doesn't count as honeymoon son. So we have decided to send you both on a week's trip to Goa.' Mom said.

'What ?' We both asked at the same time.

'Mom. I can't leave for Goa now. I have a lot on my plate and same goes for Vaani.'

'Yes mom, there is a lot going on at the moment.' She added.

'I am not taking no for an answer. And if there is any emergency I am sure Viren Da and Ashish can handle it. Also your employees are competent enough to handle the workload without their bosses for a week.'

(Viren Banerjee- Vaani's father
Ashish Basu- Agastya's father)

'Dad....'

'No son, I agree with your mom. Also Viren said the same.'

'Okay, we will go.' Vaani said.

Is she crazy ?

'Vaani, let's go for shopping in the evening. Also all the dishes are really delicious.' Mom praised, munching on her food.

'Yes beta.' Dad said looking at Vaani who is already smiling at them.

'I would love to mom. Also we can dine outside today. Your son here never accompanies me for shopping. Whenever he is home, he is always busy on his phone or laptop. The amount of attention he gives to those gadgets, it feels like those gadgets are his wife and not me.' Vaani stated, making a sad face.

'What ? No mom.' I denied.

'Don't lie Agastya.' Mom said throwing daggers at me while my lady there was giving me a sly smile but instantly made that sad face again when mom looked at her.

Wow ! She should join acting classes. Or maybe she is taking one ?

'What will I even say ? Like father, like son.' Mom stated.

'What ? I always give you attention Sumita. You are my one and only wife.' Dad said, kissing her on the cheek.

'Wohooo ! So cute.' Vaani cheered.

'Stop it Ashish.' Mom said, hitting dad on her shoulder.

The scene in front of me warms my heart. But seeing Vaani being a part of it stirred something in me which I am really afraid to name it.

____________________________________

After shopping and dining we came back home around 11:30 PM. It has stated pouring again.

'Oh ! It's raining again.' Vaani gleamed with joy.

'Vaani don't go the balcony now.'

But without paying any heeds to what I said she went to the balcony.

'Vaani, let's sleep now. We have office tomorrow. Also there are tons of work which I and most probably you need to complete before going on the vacation.' 

'Agastya, don't be bitter about this vacation.  You can do your work there, I won't disturb you. I didn't want to crush their hope, so I agreed.' She said leaning against the railing.

'No, can't risk that. You will again accuse me of enjoying my honeymoon with my phone and laptop.' I said leaning against the wall of the balcony and staring at her.

'No, I won't. Don't worry. But it's really funny to see that The Agastya Basu is scared of his mom.' She laughed.

'I am not scared ok.'

'For real ?' She questioned, still laughing.

'Yaa, ok, maybe I am a bit scared. But only a bit ok.'

'Ya ya, whatever helps you sleep at night.'

'Stop laughing Vaani.'

'Laughter is the best medicine for health Oggy. Do you want me sick husband ?'

'O God ! No, you laugh.'

'Agastya, you are funny.' She chuckled.

'I know. Thank you.' I huffed and looked at the rain which drizzled down from the the pitch black sky.

____________________________________

💜