3. The Dance

Vaani's Pov

'Let's raise a glass to the successful opening of our hotel.' Agastya said.

'It's time to toast our new beginning! Join us for our celebration and take a tour of our new hotel space.' I added to the conclusion of our inaugural speech.

It was all crowded indeed with people chattering and drinking. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves.

'Mom, dad.' I called spotting Agastya's parents.

'Hello my daughter. You look absolutely stunning.' Mom said pulling me in for a motherly hug.

'You too mom.'

'You both did an amazing job.' Dad said while patting my head affectionately.

'Is my son troubling you Vaani ?' Mom asked.

'Hi there Mom ! Look at me also. Shower some love on me also. After all I am your one and only son mom.'

'Don't be dramatic son.'

'Yaah stop being a dramebaaz. And mom about troubles, it's nothing I can't handle.' I said, flipping my hair in proudness.

'Now mom, dad please excuse us for a bit. Our guests are waiting.' Saying so Agastya pulled me away from them.

'What was that Agastya ?'

'You'.....before he could complete the sentence Mr. Rathore came up to greet us.

'Good evening Miss Banerjee. Uhh...good evening Mr.Basu. I must say the decor of the hotel is excellently done. It has a modern touch with an ode to the cultural heritage and lineage of Kolkata.'

'Good evening Mr.Rathore. And thank you.' I wished back.

'Good evening Mr.Rathore. I don't think I need to introduce you to my wife here as you already know her but you made a small mistake while addressing her.'

'Presently she is Mrs. Vaani Agastya Basu. So I think from now on you should address her as Mrs. Basu and not Miss Banerjee.' Agastya said in a stern voice.

Before anyone could say anything the speaker invited everyone to the dance floor.

'Now if you will excuse us I can join the dance floor with my woman.' Agastya said emphasizing on the words my woman.

'Yah yah please.'

'Enjoy yourself Mr. Rathore.' He said before pulling me to the dance floor.

// As the lights dimmed a pale white light bathed them in as they stood there wrapped in each other's arms swaying to the rhythms of the soft music playing in the background. //

'Vaani.' He called.

'Hmmm.'

'Why didn't you correct Mr. Rathore when he addressed you as Miss Banerjee ?'

I looked up at him. I won't be praising him out loud but he was looking smoking hot in his fitted midnight Armani suit which showed off his chiseled figure.

'You did it already before I could Agastya.'

'I had to because you should have corrected him before wishing him back.'

'Why does it matter so much ?' I asked him as he twirled me back into his arms.

'Because you are my wife.'

'For one year.' I corrected him.

His grip on my bare waist tightened as he pulled me closer to him.

'Agastya...' I looked up at him to see him staring at me already. His brown coloured eyes looked like polished amber as rays of pale white light fell on it.

Soon the lights came on as the song ended.

We separated from each other and went our separate ways without any further exchange of words.

____________________________________

💜