15

Elizabeth waited by in her apartment, waiting for Taylor to call. She paced around the living room attempting to distract herself. Her phone rang and she immediately answered. "Hey." She smiled and stared down at her feet as she slowly walked around the room. "Hey, sorry it took me a while I was busy with rehearsals and we barely wrapped up." Taylor apologized.

"It's fine I was occupied with errands anyways." Elizabeth replied. "So nothing fun?" Taylor asked. "It's basically like work around the clock even when it isn't always work work, you know?" Elizabeth sat down on the couch and curled up with her phone pressed against her ear. "Then why don't you take a break to have some fun?" Taylor asked. "And do what?" Elizabeth asked.

"Come out to my show." Taylor replied. "What? Where?" She asked. "I have a show out in Nashville tomorrow and I'd love you to come out and see it." Taylor replied. "I don't know." Elizabeth hesitated. How was she going to explain a random spontaneous trip to Alex? What about her dad? It didn't seem worth the risk. "It's just a few days I promise. You'll be back home before you know it so you don't worry too much about being gone." Taylor said, picking up on Elizabeth's hesitation. Elizabeth sighed, "Okay."

"Alright, I'll see you then?" Taylor replied. "Tomorrow it is." Elizabeth confirmed. "Can't wait, I'll see you when you get here." Taylor replied. "Night." Elizabeth replied as Taylor hung up.

--

Elizabeth was packing a suitcase for her trip tomorrow. Alex arrived from work and entered their bedroom to see her packing her things. He looked around confused and concerned at the sight, "Were you planning on leaving me while I was gone?" He asked. Elizabeth rolled her eyes and packed the last items she needed. "I have a quick trip I'm making to visit a friend, but I'll be back in a few days." She replied. "Same friend as last time?" He asked as he loosened his tie and began to change out of his work attire.

"Yeah, she invited me out to visit. I figured I could use the break." She sighed and set aside her suitcase. "Who exactly is this friend?" He asked as she got settled into their bed. "I told you I can't say." Elizabeth replied. "Not even an idea at all?" He asked. "She's just a childhood friend of mine but I just want to respect her privacy." Elizabeth shrugged.

"You act like she's some top-secret government spy." Alex laughed.

"Alex...I don't want to talk about this anymore." Elizabeth sighed.

"Fine. But how long do you plan on being out...wherever it is you're going?" He asked.

"Nashville. It's just for 2 days or so, I can't afford to be gone too long."

He nodded, "Really? Nashville?" He asked.

"She invited me out there and said it would be fun so I'm trusting her I guess." She shrugged.

"Too bad I'm working, I would've come along." He replied.

"Too bad you also weren't invited." She joked.

"Fair enough." He chuckled.

--

Elizabeth landed in Nashville and was making her way out of the airport. Taylor had sent her security to go and pick Elizabeth up and safely bring her to the Venue where Taylor was getting ready for the show. They arrived at the staff entrance and security led her backstage and toward Taylor's dressing room.

Elizabeth knocked on the dressing room door and waited for a response. "Come in!" Taylor shouted from inside the room. She opened the door and made her way in. Andrea was sitting in the room with her. "Betty!" Taylor smiled. She rushed over and wrapped Elizabeth in a tight hug. Elizabeth smiled and returned the embrace.