19

Taylor and Elizabeth were in the kitchen laughing and catching up after dinner. Taylor talked about her time in Tennessee and Elizabeth was catching her up on everything that happened over the years in school when she left. "So Mike and Kelly did start dating around High school." Elizabeth explained. "So you broke up with him?" Taylor asked. " We weren't even dating, we just went to the dance together. Kelly always had a thing for him and hated that he just always liked me. They started dating around high school and were constantly on and off because one was always cheating on the other." Elizabeth explained.

"With who?" Taylor asked. "Mike was cheating with Inez." Elizabeth replied. Taylor gasped, "No way?!" Elizabeth nodded, "Yeah, cheated with his girlfriend's best friend."

"Did they get back together?" Taylor asked. "He and Kelly are married now." Elizabeth replied as the two burst into laughter. "Are you serious?" Taylor asked. Elizabeth shrugged, "Toxic loves toxic. He's a gym teacher at the school now and she's some makeup sales rep or something."

Elizabeth checked the time on her phone, "Crap."

"What?" Taylor asked.

"I forgot to stop by my dad's house. I try to stop by and make sure everything is in order every week and I forgot to stop by today." Elizabeth sighed.

"Then let's go." Taylor shrugged.

"It's getting late."

"So? Let's go." Taylor replied.

"Are you serious?" Elizabeth asked.

"Betty just grab your keys and let's go." Taylor rolled her eyes and got ready to leave.

"Okay okay." Elizabeth laughed and grabbed her purse and keys and made her way out with Taylor.

--

Elizabeth and Taylor entered her father's home. Elizabeth flicked on the lights and made her way over to the kitchen to sort the mail that had been piling up. Taylor looked around the home. It was as if someone had sucked out the life of what once made it a home, it looked depressing and lonely.

"So where is your mom?" Taylor asked. Elizabeth froze and stared down at the mail. "She...She's not around."

"Oh I'm sorry...did she...?" Taylor asked.

Elizabeth sighed, "No she...just left."

Taylor looked around the living room. Old family photos that she remembered being there in her youth were no longer there, and the liquor cart her father had was collecting dust. Elizabeth entered the living room and looked around. "She left?" Taylor asked.

Elizabeth nodded, "She didn't come home anymore after a few days that summer you moved away...She just called my dad and said she wasn't coming back." Taylor looked around the room and back over to Elizabeth, she didn't know what to say.

"It was hard...She never even told me why she left. She didn't even leave a letter." Elizabeth replied, fighting back tears. Taylor understood. She understood Elizabeth's anger back in Nashville now. It wasn't just about Taylor, It was about her mother leaving her alone. Taylor went over and immediately wrapped Elizabeth in her arms. Elizabeth tried to stay strong but silently sobbed into Taylor's shoulder.

Taylor comfortingly rubbed her back and held her. "Betty I had no clue..." She whispered, "I can't even believe she would do that...If I knew I would've never left."

Elizabeth took a deep breath and pulled away, "No." She wiped away her tears.

"What do you mean no? I wouldn't have left when you needed me." Taylor replied.

"If you never left...You wouldn't be where you are now. You and I both know you were going to leave for Nashville eventually. It was your dream, you couldn't stay here. You wouldn't have become The Taylor Swift." Elizabeth sighed.

"So what? I would've been the goofy English teacher with an amazing wife." Taylor joked.

Elizabeth looked at her slightly wide-eyed and confused, "Wife?"

Taylor realized what she let slip, "Oh I mean...um...n-not..." Taylor scrambled to try to find an excuse. Elizabeth pulled her in and silenced her with a kiss. Taylor was in shock for a moment but immediately returned the kiss. Elizabeth kissed her with desperation, each kiss growing more intense than the last. Taylor's hand gently tangled up in Elizabeth's hair. Elizabeth slightly pulled away and stared into Taylor's blue eyes. "Come with me." She whispered and led Taylor down the hall and to her old bedroom.

She pulled Taylor back in for a kiss, slipping her coat off her shoulders. Taylor left a trail of kisses along her neck, her hand gently gripping the back of Elizabeth's neck. The two stripped one another out of their clothing. Taylor laid her back against the bed, her lips gently brushing against her neck as she made her way up to Elizabeth's lips. She stared down at her lips and up into her eyes. "I'll be gentle." Taylor whispered.

Her lips trailed down Elizabeth's neck once again. Elizabeth slightly tensed up. Taylor's hands gently caressed her skin, each touch gentle and appreciating every inch of her. Elizabeth slightly relaxed and became less guarded. Taylor left soft kisses down her torso, her hands carefully grazing down Elizabeth's skin and giving her reassurance that she was okay.

Elizabeth gasped at the sensation she felt once Taylor made her way down. She gently tangled her hands down in Taylor's hair. Her breathing grew heavier, it was a different feeling she hadn't felt before with Alex. The passion never felt like it was there, she always just pushed through to get it all over with but this time was different. For once it felt like she finally understood what her mother told her all those years ago.

This was the deeper love her mother talked about.

The passion and comfort you feel with a lover. When you allow them to have you and love you in such a vulnerable state. It was different. Guilt still flooded her mind whenever she thought of Alex, she loved him but she never felt this with him. This... the pleasure, the passion. It was all new to her.

Taylor made sure to be gentle and make her comfortable with every little advance she made. Her hands grew familiar with every inch of Elizabeth's body and her mouth made sure to do the same.

Elizabeth slowly became overwhelmed by the pleasure and desperately gripped the bedsheets. Her shaky breaths filled the room, her lips quivering as she grew closer to climax, and her moans echoing from bliss throughout the house upon release.

Elizabeth lay lifeless against the bed, staring up at the ceiling, her mind was frazzled and she couldn't fully comprehend the feelings and emotions she felt. Taylor slowly made her way back up and pressed a soft gentle kiss to her forehead and let her hand gently caress Elizabeth's thigh. She laid next to her and Elizabeth cuddled into her arms and laid her head against Taylor's chest. "It's okay." Taylor whispered comfortingly rubbing Elizabeth's back.

For once it did feel okay. It felt more than okay.