16

Taylor couldn't sleep all night. Millions of thoughts ran through her head. She felt like she was 12 again, back when her heart got broken the first time she saw Elizabeth holding hands and dancing with someone who wasn't her. Dancing with a man? that hurt worse.

She stood by the stove silently cooking, it's all she could do to somewhat distract herself. She missed Betty, she liked having her around again. But she expected things to be different. She wondered if it was all in her head and she was reading too deep into a situation that truly meant nothing.

She was in love with Betty, at least it's what she once felt. The first time Taylor's lips had ever touched Betty's, there was nothing more she wanted. The kisses thereafter only made her realize it was what she wanted.

She just wanted Betty.

Yet here she was about 20 years later, fighting for an ounce of her friend that she once again was sharing with a man.

"Morning." Elizabeth smiled and entered the kitchen. "Hey." Taylor tiredly replied and finished cooking the breakfast she made them. "What's all of this?" Elizabeth asked looking at the various different food items Taylor had cooked. "Breakfast." She replied and handed Elizabeth a plate.

Elizabeth stared at the plate in Taylor's hands and looked up at her. Her eyes looked exhausted. Elizabeth took the plate and set it to the side. "Are you not going to eat?" Taylor asked. Elizabeth gently cupped Taylor's face and examined her tired eyes, "Did you get any sleep?"

Taylor felt like her heart was about to burst out of her chest over how close Elizabeth was. "N-No...I couldn't sleep much." Taylor stuttered. "Come on." Elizabeth grabbed her by the arm and took her off to her bedroom. "What are you doing?" Taylor asked.

Elizabeth pulled back the duvet cover and motioned to the bed, "Get in." she ordered. "But-" Taylor tried to argue against but was quickly cut off. "Get. In." Elizabeth glared. Taylor didn't argue and did as she was told.

Elizabeth covered her up and slightly tucked her in, "Now try to get rest." She was ready to make her way out the room.

"Can you stay with me please?" Taylor asked.

Elizabeth looked over at her. "Stay with you? I'm not leaving anywhere." She softly laughed.

"I mean like...stay in bed with me. Kinda like old times when we had sleepovers." Taylor replied.

Elizabeth thought about it for a moment and nodded,"Okay."

Elizabeth climbed into bed and kept her company. Taylor turned and cuddled her. Elizabeth looked down slightly surprised by the show of affection. She saw Taylor comfortably drifting to sleep and smiled to herself. She slowly and carefully caressed her hair.

Elizabeth smiled as Taylor softly snored. She admired her tired face in silence. She slowly leaned down and kissed Taylor on the head. Taylor slightly shifted in her sleep and further cuddled into her. The scent of her hair filled Elizabeth's nose. It soothed her and soon enough she was fast asleep again with Taylor in her arms.

---

Taylor slowly opened her eyes and saw Elizabeth was gone. She looked around for her and checked the time. It was 2 in the afternoon. She got up from bed and looked around her apartment. She wasn't around.

"Hey, you're up." Elizabeth smiled and approached from down the hall fixing her earring.

Taylor felt relieved to see her. "I thought you left."

"My flight isn't until tomorrow morning, why would I leave?" She asked. Taylor shrugged. Elizabeth smiled and wrapped her in a hug, "I wouldn't leave you without saying goodbye first."

"Well what do you want to do today?" Taylor asked. "You've lived here, take me around." Elizabeth smiled. Taylor thought for a moment and smiled wide. "What?" Elizabeth asked. "I know just what to do." Taylor smiled and went off to get ready.

---

"Where exactly are we going?" Elizabeth asked. She looked out the window at the passing view. "A special place I used to love to come to." Taylor smiled.

"And that is?" Elizabeth asked.

"Centennial Park." Taylor smiled as they came to a stop.

They got out of the car and were accompanied by security following close behind as another left to park the car. "Does it ever bother you that you can't really go anywhere alone without security there at all times?" Elizabeth asked as they walked along the trails of the park.

"Sometimes." Taylor sighed. Elizabeth hooked arms with Taylor as they walked. "You know you can always come back to me." She replied. Taylor cheeks flushed red and she looked over at Elizabeth surprised,"What?" She asked slightly flustered.

"Yeah, Pennsylvania's still home. You can always come visit when you want to escape everything for a while." Elizabeth smiled. Taylor smiled to herself as they walked, "I...I'd like that."

Elizabeth gave her arm a light squeeze as they approached a large tree. "What's this?" Elizabeth asked. "A tree." Taylor smartly replied. Elizabeth rolled her eyes and gave Taylor an unamused look, "I know that, but why are we at a tree?"

"I used to come here and read when I was younger. My mom brought me every weekend." Taylor smiled. "I see...so you cheated." Elizabeth replied. "What?" Taylor asked surprised. "I can't believe you cheated on our tree." Elizabeth joked. Taylor rolled her eyes and laughed, "I couldn't exactly take it with me."

"I wouldn't let you, I would've sued for full custody." Elizabeth said as they laughed. They sat under the shade of the tree and enjoyed the view of the park together. "This is nice." Elizabeth smiled. "Just like old times." Taylor replied.

"Remember when you tripped?" Elizabeth laughed. Taylor's cheeks flushed red in embarrassment, "Betty." She mumbled. Elizabeth looked over at her and laughed, "What? It was funny."

"It was embarrassing." Taylor laughed. Elizabeth placed a hand over Taylor's and softly laughed, "It was cute."

"Cute?" Taylor questioned.

Elizabeth looked over at Taylor, "You heard me."

Taylor softly smiled and looked down at their hands. She didn't want to think much of it but she couldn't help but smile.