Five | Future Husband

CHIARA

(Age Thirteen)

(Ezekiel's age: 23)

"See! You are looking so beautiful, Lili." I made her stand in front of the mirror once I was done doing her makeup and hair.

It was her prom day and Silvio was accompanying her as her date.

I know they are just best friends but if they don't marry each other in the future, I am suing them.

I had straightened her usually wavy dark hair and did some eye makeup to highlight her black eyes and even applied maroon lipstick to complement her tanned skin.

"I am a little nervous." She bit her lips.

"Shut up. Let's go find my brother now, hmm? He is going to go crazy after seeing you."

She blushed and followed me out of the room. "I am sure he doesn't care about how I am looking. He is just doing me a favour."

"Believe me, this is not a favour. He cares about you. A lot."

She didn't reply to that and quietly followed me upstairs to Silvio's room.

I told her to wait outside and I entered the room where everyone was already present. Silvio, Marcelo, Cyrus and Ezekiel.

I didn't even bother to spare that asshole a glance but only a second later, a tennis ball whirled right past me and hit the door.

My head snapped to him. "You!"

"Oops." He smirked.

"Ezekiel," Marcelo warned him and he rolled his eyes.

"Do you need something, Chiara?" Cyrus was quick to divert my attention.

"Oh, right. Everyone close your eyes now."

"What for?" Marcelo asked.

"For Lilith's entrance! When I tell you to open your eyes then only you all do, okay?"

"Okay." They all agreed collectively.

Squealing, I went out and grabbed her hand. "Ready?"

"No. Maybe this is a bad idea--"

Lilith was a simple, plain girl, nothing extraordinary in her features but she was pretty in her own way but she was damn insecure about herself and I plan on removing those insecurities tonight.

"Ugh, Lili, please. Just trust me."

I dragged her inside where everyone had closed their eyes.

"Okay, everyone, open your eyes!" I finally announced.

The moment Silvio looked at her, the bouquet from his hand fell down on the floor with a thud. 

Lilith might not be the most beautiful girl in the world but my brother looked at her as if she was. As if only she existed.

He came out of the daze when Ezekiel let out a low whistle for her.

I cut a glance at him where he sat on the bed. Why the hell is he whistling? I didn't like the idea of him finding Lilith beautiful, it irritated me for no reason at all.

Ezekiel doesn't miss any chance of annoying me or troubling me, pulling pranks and whatnot. And I don't hold back either. I love to trouble him but whenever I think about him getting himself a girlfriend, I feel weird. I feel as if he will forget me as soon as another girl will enter his life.