Sixteen | Business Trip

CHIARA

Ezekiel can be possessive. That's what I learned over the weekend. He doesn't like it when other men talk to me.

But that doesn't mean he is a hypocrite. He literally told me that he would never remarry. That I am the only woman in his life.

It took everything in me to not kiss him at that moment. I never expected him to say that. Even if he was lying it wouldn't have mattered.

And when he asked me the same thing, I didn't even have to think about my answer. I don't think so I can ever find anyone who would be as caring as him.

Besides, my heart frowned at the idea of having anyone but him as my husband.

Our marriage is not even real, we haven't even kissed or slept together or even gone on any dates and neither has he shown any signs of doing that.

I mean I wouldn't mind kissing him because lately I have been wondering how his lips would feel over mine.

I am not counting our wedding kiss because I would hardly call that a kiss.

Maybe he still sees me as a kid that's why he hasn't kissed me or maybe he just doesn't see me in that way which would be ridiculous. I am his wife after all.

But no, he did ogle me when I wore that bikini. Hmm, maybe I can seduce him.

I giggled mischievously at that idea.

On Monday morning, I received a call from Dad. After talking about random things, he came to the main question.

"Is he being good to you?"

"You should have thought about this before marrying me off."

He sighed. "Chiara...I trust him, I know he must be treating you well but I just want to hear it from you."

Is Ezekiel good to me? Yes. Definitely. "Yeah, he treats me well if you minus all the teasing and bickering."

"Your mother and I bicker a lot too but that doesn't mean we don't love each other."

Love. It sounded like Dad was suggesting that we both were in love. As if.

I cleared my throat. "Whatever."

"Promise me that you will give this marriage a chance. Please, Chiara."

"Well, I haven't run away or killed him by now, have I?"

Dad chuckled softly. "Yes, that's a good point. I will talk to you later, hmm? I love you."

I smiled. "I love you too, Dad. Bye."

"Bye."

I placed my phone down on the kitchen countertop and in need of a coffee, I grabbed a mug.

Just then Ezekiel walked down, all dressed up for work and as he walked inside the kitchen, I subtly stared at him.

There is nothing wrong with appreciating how handsome my husband is.