Epilogue

This is the longest and the best epilogue I have ever written.

_____________________

CHIARA

TWO YEARS LATER...

I repeatedly slammed the pillow on Ezekiel's face while he was taking a nap on the bed. "Wake up! Look what you did!"

Groaning, he rubbed his eyes. "Now what did I do?"

I held the positive pregnancy test directly over his face. "This is what you did. I am pregnant, stupid!"

Now, his eyes were wide open and he sat up straight, snatching the pregnancy test from my hand. "You are pregnant?!"

He glanced between that test and me in utter shock. "I am going to be a Dad?!"

One moment he was sitting and in the next, he had stood up and grabbing my face, kissed me firmly.

When I didn't respond to the kiss, he pulled back and his face fell on seeing my expression. "You are not happy." He pointed out.

"I am not sure, Eeel. I am just twenty and in college...how can I be a mother?"

He held my face in his hands, resting his forehead on mine. "If you want then I know you are strong enough to manage everything. I will support you at every point, I am even ready to become a full-time Dad. I know this is unexpected but I would love to start a family with you, Chiara."

He slowly leaned back. "But the decision is yours. I am not going to force you."

I nodded. "I need to think about it."

He brushed his lips against mine. "Okay."

Late at night, as I lay down to sleep, Ezekiel emerged from the bathroom and got on the bed but instead of laying on his side, he climbed over me and slowly lifted my nightgown to my breasts and buried his face in my belly.

I ran my fingers through his hair. "Eeel?"

He pressed a lingering kiss to my belly. He lifted his head, his eyes glistening with tears. "I don't want to force you but I want this baby."

I spread my arms. "Come here."

He climbed up and I wrapped my arms around him and pecked his lips. "I did think about it all day and even though I know this is going to be difficult but if you are here to support and care for me then I think I am ready."

He blinked at me in surprise. "Seriously? You want it?"

I nodded. "Yes. Plus I would love to see you become a dad."

He planted a kiss on my forehead. "Thank you, my heart. I love you."

Chuckling, I pulled him down for a kiss.

.
.
.

A couple of days later once we had it confirmed by a gynaecologist that I was indeed six weeks pregnant, we decided to surprise our family and friends by hosting a dinner at our home.

We had already told our parents and they all were so happy and excited so now I can't wait to see the reaction of others.

On Saturday night, Marcelo, Cyrus and Lili came over to our house. Silvio was still in New York and couldn't make it so we informed him through a video call and he genuinely looked happy.

Throughout the dinner, we both contained our excitement. Only when the dinner was done and everyone had settled down in the living room, Ezekiel rushed upstairs to grab my ultrasound.