Eight | Wifey

Something is wrong with my Wattpad so if you find the chapters not in order then please understand that my Wattpad is probably high.

If it happens again, I am gonna cry.

Also, give me sixty comments and I will give you a double update at 5 pm IST.

______________________________

CHIARA

(Age Eighteen)

Trying to calm myself, I scrolled through the messages exchanged between Ezekiel and me this morning.

'Not thinking of running away, are you?'

'Oops. How did you find out?'

'Funny. You better not. Or I will find you from any corner of the world and it won't be pretty.'

'Wow, you sound desperate to marry me.'

'I don't like being left at the altar, fiancee. Embarrass me and I will make you regret marrying me.'

'Don't worry, I am already regretting and we are not even married yet. The future looks promising to me.'

'Obey and respect me and you will have a peaceful life.'

'🖕🏻'

It was fair to say he didn't message me after that.

"Ready?" Dad asked softly coming to stand beside me.

I slipped my phone inside the pocket of my wedding dress and sighed. "No."

Guilt flashed across his face and he pressed a kiss to my temple. "Everything's going to be okay. Let's go now."

Nodding, I hooked my arm into the crook of his elbow and the gates of the church swung open as we stepped inside.

It was a traditional church wedding with lots of guests from both Dad's and Uncle's sides.

I sucked in a sharp breath as my eyes fell on Ezekiel standing at the altar, wearing an all-black tuxedo, his hair was slicked back with just a single strand of it falling over his forehead.

He stood with his hands clasped in front of him and his eyes clashed with mine, the intensity in them made my breath hitch.

I felt conscious of myself, I wanted to know what he was thinking, I wanted to know if he thought I was looking beautiful or not.

Wait. I am looking beautiful. I don't need his opinion.

Or maybe I do...

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise that we have already reached the altar and I Stumbled over the steps, my dress got stuck in between my feet and in the most embarrassing way, I fell forward.

Ezekiel grabbed my shoulders just in time and steadied me, making me stand in front of him, still holding his hand.

My cheeks burnt with embarrassment and when I looked at him, he had that pained expression on his face as if he couldn't believe what he was getting himself into.

"You are going to turn my life into a disaster." He shook his head slightly, sighing heavily.

"Of course." I snapped back. "You should have thought twice before marrying me."