Nineteen | Care

CHIARA

I am ninety per cent sure I heard him moan last night when I massaged him and damn, if that didn't turn me on.

While giving him a massage, I even got a chance to touch him however I wanted but I guess I shouldn't have taken advantage of him like that.

But my touches were not fueled by pure lust, you could say they were innocent. I just wanted to touch him.

Even though it was an accident, I did feel guilty about pushing him off the stairs and seeing him in pain wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be.

Yawning and scratching my head, I sat up straight on the bed, finding my side empty.

The door to the bathroom was slightly ajar. I was about to go inside when Ezekiel's phone which was lying on the bed lit up with a random notification.

But the lock screen caught my attention. It was the selfie he took with me sitting on his lap, showing off my ring subtly.

Did he put our picture as his lock screen?

Oh my. I blushed at that, swooning slightly and picking it up, I walked inside the bathroom.

He stood at the wash basin in just a pair of grey sweatpants and was trimming his beard. His eyes flicked to mine in the mirror. "Good morning, my little hellion."

I didn't bother with the greeting and held up the phone to him. "You put our picture as your lock screen."

Frowning, he snatched his phone and kept it face down on the countertop. Clearing his throat, he went back to trimming. "I am looking good in that, ain't I?"

He was clearly lying and I couldn't keep my grin away. "I didn't know you were a narcissist."

"Shut up."

"Or maybe you thought I was looking cute in that picture and you couldn't resist putting it as your lock screen." I drawled, enjoying every second of this.

"Now who's being a narcissist here?"

"I don't know..." I shrugged. "I am just pointing out that you do find me cute but refuse to accept--"

My sentence ended with a yelp when he suddenly picked me up and deposited me on the countertop.

Spreading my legs, he stepped in between them and placing his palms on either side of me on the countertop, he trapped me in.

His lips brushed my ear and he whispered huskily, "You enjoy teasing me, don't you?"

But he was the one teasing me right now because he ran the tip of his nose down the side of my neck. "Just like you did last night."

Oh, shit. "I...don't know what you are talking about."

His bare chest brushed mine as he leaned closer and lifted his head, mirth dancing in his eyes. "I think you know what I mean."

I opened my mouth to argue but all thoughts disappeared when he bent down and placed a hot, wet kiss on my throat.

He stepped back, grabbing me by my waist and putting me down too.

"I am going to take a shower", he told me, pulling the strings of his sweatpants loose.

I was rooted to my place and he raised a brow. "You want to stay and watch, wife?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "No!"

"Then why aren't you leaving?" He smirked.

Blushing, I turned around and marched out, muttering, "Asshole."