Twenty-Eight | Begging

So, only two chapters (including this one) and an epilogue is left so why not just give you all a triple update?

But you all better give me more than fifty comments on every chapter.

Enjoy.

_________________________

CHIARA

Day Fifteen Of Grovelling:

My heartache has subsided to a dull throb but it was still there especially when Ezekiel's voice floats inside my room every morning.

He didn't give up. Every day, he would sit right outside the door begging me to let him in, I wanted to but I didn't.

Eventually, he realised that I wasn't going to open the door for him any time soon so instead of asking for forgiveness for hours, he just sits outside and tells me how much he missed me or what he did this morning or last night.

Even how he still managed to destroy Anthony Gulliver. Legally. He had gathered enough evidence against him and he sent that to the right people and now everything that Anthony owned is shut down.

I felt a little happy about that and wanted to congratulate him but didn't.

And every day, he would slip a single flower from under my door. A different flower every day. Daffodils. Roses. Tulips and so on.

I didn't ignore those, I picked them up and stored them carefully.

But today was different. It was already noon and there were no flowers or any indication of his arrival. So, I waited for him even though I shouldn't.

Afternoon rolled in and there was no sign of him. I pulled open my door and peeked outside but the corridor was empty.

Just then Marcelo exited his room, his eyes falling on me. "He didn't come today."

Just so he doesn't think that I was waiting for him, I said quickly, "Good. At least I can leave my room."

Marcelo didn't look convinced at all. "Give him another chance, Chiara. I have never seen him this desperate."

Without any reply, I shut the door.

Afternoon turned into evening and soon it was time for dinner but disappointment caused me to not have any appetite. I guess he is right for giving up, no girl troubles her husband the way I am troubling him.

What if he ends up asking for a divorce?

That thought alone made me shiver. I didn't want to leave him. I just wanted some time.

"Chiara?" Cyrus knocked on my door. "There's something waiting for you downstairs."

Is it Ezekiel? But he said something not someone. Maybe it is a trick to get me out of the room.

"I am not seeing him." I told him.

"It's not Ezekiel. Just come down, love." I heard him walk away.

Sighing, I got up and decided to inspect what it was.

Reaching down, I found nothing in the living room but I heard voices coming from the dining room so I made my way there.

My jaw almost dropped as I entered the dining room.

The whole dining table was stacked with pizza boxes. And our dining table is huge.

Marcelo and Cyrus stood at the side, eyeing the pizza boxes and looking at each other curiously and amusingly.

Destined For You (The Ludovica Siblings #3)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें