~Chapter 6~

[Previously on 'Pain': "I'm guessing Tyche resigned."]

Percy froze and turned away, facing the wall. Annabeth was just plainly smirking and looking around the room, arms crossed. His breathing began to quicken.

Will ran next to Percy, trying to calm him.

"It's okay, take a deep breath," he muttered, which nobody else except the gods heard due to their hearing abilities.

"Percy? Are you okay?"

Poseidon was confused, trying to get a clear view of Percy's face. Percy gave a strangled sob. Will whispered in Percy's ear, unheard by the Olympians.

"No," Percy hissed out.

Will gave up and walked away with a sigh. Piper approached him. The room was so quiet, the only thing that could be heard was breathing and Percy's sobs.

"Percy, come on, it's alright," Piper said audibly, her voice laced with charmspeak.

"Piper, no! I won't! And it- isn't- alright!"

Percy's words got drowned by his sobs. Poseidon gave a quick glance to the other Olympians before getting up and shrinking down to human size. He ran past the thrones, earning a scowl from Zeus.

"Percy," Poseidon said, looking at his crying son. "What happened?"

Percy didn't respond. Instead, he pulled his hood over his head and wiped his tears.

"I'm okay. It's okay," he said, his eyes leaving Annabeth.

Poseidon scowled in annoyance.

"If you're okay, why are you crying?"

Percy gave sigh crossed with a sob and facepalmed.

"It was just a small thing! I'm fine!"

Will suddenly appeared next to Poseidon.

"If you're okay, why did you have nearly five panic attacks?"

Poseidon's eyes widened.

"W-what?"

Will nodded and approached Percy.

"I only know what she," he spat out the word as if painfully, "-did to you. But I know that causes trauma to a range, and this," he gestured Percy, "Is way out of the range. There's something deeper going on."

Percy sighed.

"Yes, there is, but I won't say anything. Not even my mom knows- knew," he said, choking on the word 'mom'.

Poseidon bit his lip and looked at his son sadly. He walked back to his throne and grew to his half his godly size. When he sat down, there was a flash of light and a yelp.

Percy was in his father's lap.

"DAD!"

Poseidon just hugged him, earning disapproving looks from more than half of the council.

"What?! If you have something to say, say it! My son has suffered lots of trauma, and I can and will hug him!"

The council members either rolled their eyes, sighed, or muttered angrily.

"Dad, put me down!"

"Why?"

His tone was whiney and Percy sighed.

"We're in front of 11 Olympians, I think if you wanted to talk, we could talk and hug when we're alone."

Poseidon's eyes gleamed with victory.