~Chapter 14~

[TW: Needles and blood]

(Previously on Pain: "Percy- you're throwing up blood!")

Before he could respond, Percy gagged again, vomiting the substance in his mouth. He recognized the metallic, ironic taste once Apollo said it, but couldn't stop vomiting long enough to make a coherent sentence.

He was breathing heavily, sweating hard. He saw the dark red, almost black colored blood dripping from the toilet. He pushed himself up with the best of his ability and saw the toilet. It was full of black blood. There was no distinction between the dark red and black; they blended together.

Apollo was frozen in place, not knowing what to do. Percy suddenly felt woozy at the loss of blood. Feeling suddenly scared, Percy looked at Apollo.

"'Pollo?" He managed to croak out weakly. Tears were trailing down his cheeks, pain was bursting through his throat. The taste of blood, filling his mouth.

"'Pollo," he managed to say again, breathing harshly.

The blood was thick and sticky. The only way anybody could throw up this much blood was if they had a punctured lung, which even then would need a source to completely fill with blood.

Apollo snapped out of his frozen state once he heard Percy's pleas. He did not know what was wrong, but still knew he had to do something.

"Percy, go to the infirmary. I have to IM somebody, but make sure that you're being treated by Will."

Percy nodded and got up, swaying, and left quickly. Apollo fished a drachma out of his pocket and grabbed some water from the sink, muttering quickly.

"Apollo?"

"Poseidon, you need to come to Camp Half-Blood, and quickly. I need to contact Chiron and Hades, and Chiron needs to call a meeting... sorry. You need to come quickly, okay?"

Poseidon looked confused but nodded. Apollo found Chiron and told him the details of Percy's dream, quickly going to the infirmary. Will was doing tests on Percy's blood sample, and Percy was covered in blood.

"Have you found anything?" He asked hurriedly.

Will looked at his father.

"No, I checked his blood with dozens of different tests and he seems healthy. I don't know what's wrong!"

Apollo nodded, looking over the tests. Percy did, indeed, look healthy. Wondering what could be wrong, Apollo thought through his symptoms.

Suddenly, his thoughts were burst with a pained gag, and Percy bent over to the bucket. Teats of pain went down his cheeks. Percy was in too much pain to feel anything about crying, and Apollo frowned upon the thought.

He whimpered slightly, shivering and retching blood. He quickly glanced at the bucket, cringing slightly at the black blood.

It seemed like the kind of thing a curse would do, yet there was no way of Percy getting a type of curse like it.

A poison or enchantment was impossible, and mortal health was good. Even better than most people's, ironically.

Apollo approached the boy in question with a small, pained smile on his face and held his hand.

"'Pollo?" Percy asked, voice hoarse and raw.

"Yes, I'm here, Perce. I'm here," he repeated softly, his heart breaking at the pain Percy was in.

Percy weakly squeezed his hand before gagging and vomiting into the bucket again, letting loose a whimper of pain.

His insides were burning, his organs were on fire, the blood in his mouth burning as it passed.