~Chapter 7~

Percy couldn't breathe. Tears fell to the floor faster than anybody would've thought was possible. He was having another PTSD attack.

Percy was 6.

He was doodling in his notebook. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in!"

Sally Jackson came in, closing the door behind her. Percy smiled and ran up to her, hugging her.

"Hey, honey. I'm sorry, I can't stay long, I have to go to work."

"But mom, you came back two hours ago!"

Sally smiled sadly.

"I know, Percy, I know. But I have to. You know how it is."

'How it is' was basically Gabe gambling their money away or buying beer with it. Smoking didn't help the money either.

"Okay. See you soon."

Sally smiled and left. Percy didn't mind being alone; no, no. He minded being alone with Gabe. He heard the front door close and sighed.

Throwing hid notebook on his bed, he went downstairs to make himself some food. He hadn't eaten all day.

Just as he was coming down the stairs, he slipped on something and fell. He yelled, but it didn't prevent the loud crash.

When he looked back, he saw one of Gabe's beer bottles. He had stepped on the bottle.

Gabe yelled from the couch.

"YOU MADE ME LOSE MY GAME!"

The walrus jumped from the couch. He smashed his beer bottle on the wall and stabbed Percy in the stomach with the sharp edge. Percy screamed, the glass hurting.

He sobbed as Gabe kept slashing his skin; his arms, legs, chest, back...

Percy screamed in pain. Gabe picked him up and threw him to the wall. Percy launched with immense force, a sickening crack heard the second he hit the wall.

Percy screamed again. Gabe walked away, getting himself a beer and continuing his game.

Percy flashed back into reality. As the memories kept reeling back, he sobbed. Poseidon and Will ran in, seeing his state.

"Dad, how's he doing? What was that?"

Apollo turned to Will.

"He's still bad, and I'm sure that was a PTSD attack. It's over, but besides that, he's still pretty agitated. His adrenaline levels are off the charts, get something to calm that."

Will nodded and quickly left for the other room. Percy took deep breaths, wiping his tears.

Poseidon anxiously walked toward Percy, watching sadly.

After another hour of sobbing, two sedatives, one bleeding throat and fractured lung later, Percy was unconscious.

Poseidon looked at his son, eyes filled with tears.