~Chapter 22~

Screams.

That was the only thing to be heard all over Camp Half-Blood.

The younger campers, despite told not to, left their cabins in morbid curiosity.

The campers were filled with horror and fear as they watched Percy Jackson hit the ground with a sickening thud and a crack. In shock, everybody stared in silence, nobody moving an inch. Dark red blood began pooling up from him.

Silent tears fell out of some people's eyes, others staring numbly in disbelief.

Will Solace stepped forward in the deathly silence, quickly kneeling beside Percy and grabbing his wrist, searching for a pulse. A distant, weak heartbeat thunder against his fingers, and he held in a breath of relief.

Will looked up at Chiron.

"Get Apollo here," he said simply, his voice slightly raspy.

"Quickly."

Nico had spoked up quietly from the crowd of campers, stepping forward. He kept his face neutral, but fear could be seen in his eyes.

Chiron rushed to the Big House, quickly making an Iris Message. Meanwhile, the campers were crowded around Percy in a wide circle. Nico and Will were the only ones who had stepped into the circle.

"Is there anything we can do?" Piper asked quietly, keeping her gaze away from Percy.

Will shook his head. Nico made his hands up into fists anxiously, knowing that Percy didn't have any time left. Will quickly checked for a pulse on Percy's neck, barely feeling a heartbeat.

A small bit of relief came once they saw Chiron rushing toward them.

"I have informed the Olympians-"

He got cut off with a brief, bright flash of light, and Apollo stood in front of them. He silently turned to Percy, his expression hardening, a cold, neutral mask slipping over any emotion he might have shown. He glanced at Will before gently grabbing Percy and putting a hand on Will's shoulder, flashing them out into Olympus' infirmary.

"We need to move quickly," Will murmured, unable to take his eyes off of the blood and bruises, most likely from broken bones.

Apollo nodded numbly, and the two started working, the feeling of dread already settled down in their chests, desperate for the final attempt to save Percy's life.