~Chapter 9~

(Previously on Pain:
Chiron ran off and screams came from the infirmary. Will was shaking hard and ran back in, the screams dying out almost instantly.)

With a flash, Apollo and Poseidon were standing in front of the infirmary. Will ran out and began talking as quickly as possible to his dad.

"... the wounds were injected with some kind of potion, and it seems like the potion was a type of poison for torture. So, he can feel the pain all together. If I'm correct, the type of poison makes the person's nerves go haywire, and it makes them feel pain. So basically, like your entire body is on fire, you can't escape it and you're slowly going insane from pain."

Poseidon paled more and more. Apollo ran in as Poseidon saw the seven watching. He walked over to them.

"Hey, thanks for saving Percy from Tartarus," Poseidon thanked them.

"No problem. Do they know a cure to the poison?" Thalia asked.

Poseidon shook his head.

"I know as much as you do. We'd ask Athena, but she's still in denial about Annabeth, otherwise I have a feeling she knows," he complained with a scowl on his face.

Thalia clenched her hands into fists.

"Can't Zeus order her to help with the cure?!" She growled.

Poseidon sighed symphetically.

"The problem is, Zeus doesn't care. Even though Percy saved the world so many times, Zeus thinks of Demigods as tools. So, his exact words were, 'He's just a mere demigod,' so we gave up on trying to convince Zeus and now we're working on healing Percy. If the prophecy is true, then, Percy might be the only one to save the world. Zeus doesn't care too much, since we're gods, we'll reform even though earth is either destroyed or non-existent."

Everybody paled a bit. There was a knock on the door and Will ran in.

"Lord Poseidon, he's up, we got almost every trace of poison from his blood and we think that in an hour, he'll be good," Will panted.

Poseidon's face gained color and he ran out, following Will to the infirmary. Percy was just sitting there, looking off to the distance. When Poseidon ran in, he gasped.

"Dad?"

Poseidon smiled sadly and hugged Percy.

"Son."

Poseidon explained the most recent events on Olympus to Percy, who was ready to kill Zeus. Suddenly, there was shouting outside. Percy ran out, followed by Poseidon.

The seven were yelling at each other. Some were crying, some were yelling. Everybody walked away eventually, but Percy was ready to scream from frustration.

"Those idiots!" He yelled to nobody in particular.

Poseidon looked at Percy confusedly, who sighed.

"The prophecy? It said the seven will break, and look, a small argument caused this. It has to be influenced by somebody or something," Percy said.

Poseidon gasped.

"Well, we need to tell them," he mused.

Percy rolled his eyes.

"It's not that simple. If it's predicted, we need a fool-proof plan to stop the rise of Gaea."

Poseidon sighed and nodded. Apollo was coming toward them.

"Percy, if you need me, just pray and I'll come. You can do this," Poseidon said, and flashed out.