~Chapter 8~

(This chapter is here thanks to IlovePercyJackson88 and their excitement for my last update!)

Percy woke up warm under his covers. He hadn't had a good night's sleep for at least a year. Fuck it, he thought. Might as well sleep some more while I'm free of duties.

Percy smiled as he sank back into his warm covers. He fell asleep quickly, but it wasn't peaceful like last time.

The dream:

Annabitch- no, sorry, Annabeth, was standing next to what seemed like a mist or ghost of Gaea.

"So, how long until the rise?"

Gaea looked at Annabeth, who was smirking at her.

"I'm expecting in the next three weeks. Jackson has already weakened thanks to my attack in the forest, which unlocked lots of raw emotion and trauma for him. He's probably worn out from crying," she said, snickering at the end.

Gaea looked pleased.

"Don't forget, its this week. If you fail, I will send the foulest of creatures to hunt you down," Gaea threatened.

Annabeth, who didn't seemed fazed by Gaea's threat, nodded.

"I won't."

~~~~~~

Percy woke up with a gasp if air in his lungs. It took him a minute to register he was hyperventilating. Another to figure out he was shaking.

"Until the rise," Percy muttered, deep in thought. There was a knock at the door and he jumped.

"Come in," Percy said, cringing at how weak and shaky his voice was. Poseidon looked concerned at his voice.

"Percy, are you okay? What happened?"

Percy sighed.

"Nightmare, or prediction dream or whatever the hell it is."

Poseidon smiled weakly.

"Is it serious?"

"Well, it involves a giant threat that would kill everybody including the Olympians fading all at once, earth blowing up and my assaulter doing something to me this week, so I'd label it not serious" Percy said, sarcasm dripping off his words.

"Well, I'd label it serious. Chiron called and told me that your friend, Rachel had a new prophecy."

Percy groaned and facepalmed.

"I'm taking an educated guess and saying it surrounds me."

Poseidon nodded and looked at a piece of paper he was holding.

"This is the prophecy;
Strongest hero shattered to pieces,
Evillest villain ready to rise.
Olympians scattered to pieces,
Evil getting ready to strike.
The main of the seven must fight,
Leaving no trace in sight.
Slowly the seven will fall apart,
Leaving no one but the hero in sight.
What they don't know, the hero will break,
The seven destroyed, the world at stake."

Percy froze.

"'Slowly the seven will fall apart,' what?!"

Poseidon flinched and watched in worry as his son paced quickly, muttering lines of the prophecy.

"I got it!"

Poseidon stared at his son as he scribbled down quickly in Greek.

"I got it, dad! The strongest hero shattered to pieces, that's me with the whole PTSD deal, evillest villain ready to rise, Gaea helped by Annabeth, Olympians scattered to pieces, there might be a disagreement or argument, that's not uncommon, evil getting ready to rise is Gaea again, the main of the seven must mean me, leaving no trace in sight, it must be like leaving earth, our battlefield, untouched, the seven falling apart seems self explanatory, leaving me in sight,what they don't know their hero will break, it must be what was in my dream! The seven destroyed, the world at stake. So if we fail, the entire world will either A, end, or B, go under the rule of Gaea."