~Chapter 27~

"I know that you two love each other, but for the love of gods, could you please do that cuddling stuff in private? Because trust me, seeing one of my closest friends on top of my father is traumatizing," Will said beggingly as they left the infirmary in the morning.

"Hey, we don't cuddle in public. That much," Percy frowned.

"And no way, I top," Apollo grumbled.

"Ew, ew, ew," Will cringed, walking off as Apollo smirked.

Percy snorted, chuckling as he watched Will shudder in disgust.

"Ah, I love messing with that kid," Apollo sighed happily.

"Poor Will. We're really tormenting him a lot," Percy laughed.

"What's fair is fair," Apollo shrugged.

"...And what makes this fair?" Percy asked, scrunching his nose up in confusion.

"Maybe the fact I'm his father? I brought him into this world, and I can torment him out of it," Apollo declared proudly.

Percy snorted, rolling his eyes.

"The Greek mythology family tree's like a fucked up game of Who's Who," Percy mumbled, cringing slightly.

"Blame Zeus for starting the whole thing," Apollo shrugged.

"Blame Zeus for every small inconvenience, that's much easier," Percy snorted.

Apollo nodded seriously, making Percy laugh. They slowly started walking toward cabin 3, hand-in-hand. Percy sighed happily as they entered the cabin and plopped down on his bed, followed by Apollo.

"Where did you go? After you left?" Percy asked suddenly, turning to face Apollo curiously.

"Just Olympus," Apollo shrugged.

"Oh. Is anything going on in Olympus, or...?" Percy trailed off.

"Nah, nothing much. Zeus, Aphrodite, and a few others are in mourning with the deaths, though," Apollo sighed quietly.

Percy stiffened at the reminder, biting his lip.

"Thalia, Piper, Katie, and Travis, right? Nobody else?" He asked quietly, his tone begging that there were no other deaths.

"Only them," Apollo confirmed quietly.

Percy sighed shakily, fidgeting with the edge of his shirt. Apollo wrapped his arms around him for comfort, holding him close.

"It's all gonna be alright, Perce," Apollo whispered softly.

Percy laughed hysterically, tears shining in his eyes.

"How can anything be fine, Apollo? How? They're dead. They're fucking dead and there's nothing we can do. How will anything be alright?" Percy murmured quietly.

Apollo gave a long, suffered sigh.

"I know, Perce, but please, don't do this. It'll be alright. I don't know how, but we'll figure it out, okay? That's what we do. We don't give up," Apollo muttered softly, gently wiping Percy's tears.

"Okay," Percy whispered quietly, glancing up and meeting Apollo's eyes. "Okay."

Apollo gave a small smile, leaning in and kissing Percy's forehead.

"Rest if you need to," Apollo added softly.

"I don't need to," Percy replied quickly.

Apollo raised his eyebrows, glancing at Percy.

"You sure?" He questioned skeptically.

"Yeah. I was unconscious for hours, I got my rest," Percy shrugged.