When you least expect it.

After my weekly check up, I walked to my room like a zombie and slumped down on my bed. Only a month more, and then she'll be able to see the world, her loving family and the two people who'll love her more than anything else. She would be the luckiest girl, raised by two perfect parental figures. I just hoped that they'd forget all their differences once I was gone.

It was funny how a year ago, I wanted to die, to rid myself of all the pain and to do the world a favour. However, now all I wanted to do was to watch my daughter grow, watch Louis and Zayn pamper her and protect her. I guess fates loved to mess up with me.

Sighing, I got my cell phone off the side table and dialed Louis' number. "Hey, babe. How did the check up go?"

Yes, Louis or even Zayn hadn't accompanied me to the hospital because I didn't want them to. I knew what the doctor had to say, what she wanted me to do. But it was too late now, and I never even wanted to go through that. Killing my child, that was definitely not what I would have done even if the angels asked me to.

"It was great, as usual. Our daughter's perfectly healthy and she's due in four weeks." I smiled over the phone.

"Oh, my gosh. We should think of a name, Bumpy. What do you suggest?" He asked giddily.

"It's a hard task, Lou and don't you think that even Zayn should get a say in it?" I questioned logically which had Louis fuming.

"Okay then, do that and when you're done, don't forget to tell me her name." With that said, he hung up and I was left staring at the screen.

I never understood how I was eight months pregnant but Louis was the one getting all these crazy mood swings. I knew it, he would come around and apologize but that didn't make it hurt any less. Only four weeks of my life were remaining, and all I wanted was for all of them to live happily.

I had somehow managed to keep the complications of my pregnancy hidden from everyone, but every now and then, my mother would get a hunch of something wrong. Getting her to believe that everything was good had to be the hardest part of all.

Later that day, I had called Darcy and Ruth for a walk around the park where Zayn and I used to spend a lot of time together. Both of them were sat on the swings while I was sat on a bench next to the swings, eating ice creams.

"How's Zayn dealing with all of this?" Ruth questioned, licking her vanilla ice cream, after I had retold them about Louis' mood changes.

"I haven't told him anything yet. I don't want to worry him unnecessarily." I replied but stiffened when I heard someone say, "Worry whom, Iz?" I turned around to see Zayn walking towards us with a smile. He had changed a lot in the past three months. His face supported a beard, while the beautiful hair of his were chopped down to an almost bald cut. Even though his quiffed hair were perfect, he managed to pull of this hairstyle of his, which would have looked hideous if it were anyone else, with a lot of ease. The teenage clothes of his were replaced with the classy button ups and sexy jeans. He was on the verge of turning into a complete gentleman.

In fact, each and every one of us had matured in various ways if not one. While Ruth and Niall were still growing stronger, with Niall taking responsibilities seriously, something was brewing up between Harry and Darcy as well. Louis, well he had grown out to be the epitome of a perfectly caring boyfriend and an even more caring father. The only thing same in him was the insecurity he felt because of Zayn. I, on the other hand had taken a turn for the worst. No longer did my eyes held that shine, it was bland with dark circles and eye bags beneath my eyes. My skin had grown paler than before and I had become skinnier than I had ever been. The baby's growth was taking a toll on me.