Take a chance on me.

“Izzie, dear, there’s a visitor for you.” Grandma called out to me from the door. Sitting on the couch, I was enjoying the latest episode of X-Factor. A visitor? For me? Here? I never expected anyone other than Emily and Dave and if it was them, grandma wouldn’t hesitate letting them in. Who else could it be?

“I’m coming, Granny.” I informed in a high pitch and set the episode on recording.

“Who’s-” My mouth fell on the floor seeing the figure in front of me. I had been missing him for a whole day now, as he hadn’t even bothered to reply me, but now he was standing right in front of me.

“LOUIS.” I squealed and walked towards him as fast as I could. My legs weren’t capable of running just yet but I was extremely happy with the progress I was making. “Oh, my God it’s such a splendid surprise.” I hugged him tightly and he hugged me back later to get smacked on his chest for ignoring my texts.

“It has been three months Iz, I was missing you.” He smiled and I pulled away.

“Let him in Izzie, where are your manners?” Grandma laughed as I led Louis to the living room, “I’ll make you something to eat now.” Saying this, she disappeared into the kitchen.

I was grinning endlessly; I didn’t know what to say. Seeing someone from home was really grand and seeing someone as special as Louis, I can’t even begin to explain how happy I was and now it even explained why he didn’t reply me.

“So, x-factor eh?” He grinned and I laughed.

“Shut up and hug me you idiot.” I spread my arms to let him embrace me once again. I was happy, really very happy. After the day I came to Croydon to live with Grandma, a lot of things had changed; some people had drifted apart while the others became my closest friends. Like Emily and Dave, they were Grandma’s neighbors and had met me before in London, so it wasn’t hard to connect with them even though our first meetings were not the ideal ones. Whereas my old friends like Ruth and Amanda hadn’t even tried to contact me once, nonetheless I had people who loved me more than life itself and I was grateful for their presence. Niall, Harry and Darcy were in my call history every day. The two boys even came to meet me on the glorious day I had started walking. They were really happy for me.

Talking about Louis, he had become someone extremely important to me; I couldn’t go a day without talking to him. He unknowingly became the best part of my life. He would call me every day; we would chat about the daily activities even if it included peeing. Yeah I know it sounds stupid, but well that was how close we had become. At one point I had even said that I liked him a lot as he helped me get over the heartbreak given by Zayn. I could practically see him jumping up and down his bed like a stupid little toddler who has just found his favorite toy which was lost for a long time.

Zayn, well he did call me once and that’s when it all changed between us.

                                                       Flashback

‘See you calling again; I don’t wanna pick up, no oh. I’ve been lying in bed probably thinking too much, oh oh. Sorry I’m not sorry for the times, I don’t reply you know the reason why’

I picked up my cell phone, feeling all gloomy as I was all by myself in an old house; my ringtone clearly depicted my mood and the situation that I was in.

“Hello.” I said.

“Hello.”

“Oh hey Zayn, how are you?” I replied with nervousness dripping from my voice. Things haven’t been the best between us from a very long time.