Leaving them behind

I crawled into the little storage space I had in my room, it was the only place where I could hide things from my stepmother and sister. I switched off the phone Victor gave me and left it in the small safe I had in there, grabbing my emergency pack that I decided to keep for just in case I needed to do exactly what I am doing now, I crawled back out making sure that my family hasn't come up in the time I was in there. I have dressed in everything black, curtesy of Gabriel and all of his shopping dates, A while back I bought myself a burner phone which I took out of the emergency pack and switched it on. Then I made sure I had the bus ticket I bought last week on a wim, luckily it isn't one where you have to be at the bus on a certain time or date. I know it's weird that I did that, but looking at my current situation, it is a good thing I did. There was this feeling inside of me that screamed something bad was going to happen and it was as if I was being pulled towards the bus station to bye the ticket.

None of the guys knows I bought it, which seems to also be a good thing, but then again if they really did care for me, they would have gotten me out of here already. I needed to stop with all this thinking and get a move on if I want to leave unnoticed. Walking over to my window, I opened it up carefully so it wouldn't make any noise. Looking back at my door one last time to make sure they are still down stairs, then I take a look around my room to make sure nothing seems out of place. The pillows I have put under my flimsy bed cover, makes it look like I am still there sleeping. Taking a deep breath into my lungs I prepare to climb out of my window, knowing that this is going to hurt like a bitch. After what felt like an eternity I finally made it to the ground with out hurting myself to much, I mean what is an extra scratch or to on top of my already bruised body in the scheme of things. Looking all around to make sure no one saw me I start moving to the back of our yard where the forrest and darkness is waiting for me. Before I fully reach it, I look over to Kota's home where everything is dark. He was my first friend that I made and I am going to miss him a lot, but this is for the best.

Not wanting to dwell on it too long, I make my way into the forest and start my journey towards the diner where I had my first real meal in a long time as well as the place where I met Luke. The bus that goes into town to the main bus stop will arrive across from the diner soon and I know Uncle is always there early in the morning and I want to leave the note I wrote to all of them and be gone before he arrives. So far everything has been going pretty well in my escape from hell, but with my luck someone will find me and take me back. Finally reaching the end of the forest , I look over to the diner and see that no one is there yet. I wish I could run across to it but my body just won't hold up if I pushed myself that much. Finding the small window to uncle's office I pry it open just a bit and slide the note through it, hoping he will find it when he comes in later.

I make it to the bus stop just in time for the city bus to arrive, and climb on, refusing to look back at the place that holds so many dear memories for me. If I do I will start crying and that would draw attention towards me that I can't afford at this moment. I can no longer be weak and cry over every small thing, I am completely alone now and can only rely on myself to start a new life somewhere far away from here. If I really think about it hard then I will realize that it has always been this way for me so it will be nothing new. Yes, I have a wolf but after that first time we shifted and everything went to hell, I wasn't aloud to shift again and from all the research I did, my wolf became weak and sometimes I think she is completely gone, but then I would feel her deep down inside of me and the relief is pretty instant and feels amazing. I have reached the main bus station an hour later and went to find out when and if a bus to my next destination will be arriving. To my luck it arrives only an half an hour later, and I get on to go sit at the far back of the bus. Not a lot of people get on and I sigh in relief because my nerves was already at breaking point. If more people got on right now I think I would be a complete wreck. Not long after I got on the bus it starts moving and we are slowly making our way out of Charleston and on the road to Texas. About two weeks ago a guy came to me telling me he was my grandparents lawyer and he needed to speak to me about their will and they had passed away in a car crash a week before. Mr Blackbourn wanted to make sure that he was legit first before I got to meet with him. Turns out he was and I went to see him alone a few days later. To say I was surprised by everything he told me was not even close to how I felt that day.   They had left me everything, their little farm in mountain falls in Texas as well as everything else. That was were I was heading, I was only waiting for the sun to come up and for the time to be right then I will call him and let him know that I am on my way to him and would be there in a couple of days. For some reason my grandparents didn't want my father and stepmother to know that I had inherited everything from them, but then again seeing as how they were willing to sell me for money, I could understand why my grandparents felt that way.

After the bus was at least far enough away from Charleston for me to breath again, I drifted off to sleep feeling extremely exhausted. The images off all the guys I was leaving behind floating around my head leaving me to feel as if my heart was breaking into a million pieces......