The Blackbourn Team

Meanwhile back in Charleston

Uncle's POV

The sun was just starting to come up when I unlocked the diner and walked into my office, the whole team decided to join me this morning to have their meeting here while eating breakfast. Why on earth they wanted to meet so early I had no idea, instantly I knew something wasn't right and started looking around. It was only after a few minutes that I realized the small window in my office was opened a little bit and I walked over to it. Just underneath it lay a piece of paper, someone must have threw it through the small gap in the window. Getting pissed thinking it was kids playing around again, I grabbed the piece of paper to throw it away and closed the window properly. When I looked down at it before throwing it in the dustbin next to my desk, I froze. On the front was written "Dear Uncle" in big bold letters, the hand writing very familiar. So I sat down behind my desk and opened it up and started reading. By the time I was done, tears were streaming down my face and the anger I felt towards those boys was building at a rappid speed. Jumping up from my chair I stormed out of my office and into the front of the diner seeing all of them laughing and playing around only made my anger boil even more. How the fuck could they be this carefree when that beautiful young girl was going through hell at home? And why the fuck did they never tell me about all of it? Well, they will know my rage today, never have I ever screamed at them but today will be a big surprise for them because today will be a screaming day.

Owen's POV

Uncle came into the front of the diner a few minutes after he went to the back where his office is, the look on his face made me sit up straight. I have seen him angry before but never in all the years that I have known him have I seen him this pissed off and it seems his anger is directed towards us. What on earth could we have done to make him this angry? The others haven't noticed him yet, that is until he suddenly roars out, "SHUT THE FUCK UP AND SIT DOWN". Everyone went quite instantly, mouths hanging open at the shock of him screaming at all of us. They sat down quickly when they saw the look of pure rage on his face, even I wasn't able to get them to listen so fast. I straightened my tie and cleared my throat and got ready to stand when Uncle literally growled at me, making me stay in my seat. The man loved his family with everything in him but you really didn't want to piss him off and it seemed like we did for some reason. It was only when he stepped closer to us that I noticed he had a piece of paper clutched in his hand. But the words that came out of his mouth next made the blood in my veins grow cold. "Do any one of you want to explain to me... Why on fucking earth you haven't told me about the abuse young miss Max has been going through or why for the fucking love of everything holy hasn't any of you gotten her the fuck out of there sooner?" .....

Luke's POV

Shit, shit, shit, how did Uncle find out about all of that and why is he so damn angry at us? The paper in his hand drew all of our interest and I got up slowly to stand in front of with my hand held out for the paper. It was deathly quiet inside the diner, you couldn't even hear them breath behind me. He looked at me with so much anger but shoved the letter into my chest with enough force to push me back a few steps. Fuck, he must really be beyond angry for him to do that, he has never raised his voice of even hit us when we were kids and would push his buttons. So what ever was in this letter has pushed him over the edge and it had something to do with my sugar. "You better read that out loud boy so all of you can hear, because I want answers and I want them today!!!" He growled out to me then turned and walked back to his office with his phone to his ear. With shaking hands I opened it up to see my sugars hand writing on it, so she was the one that wrote it, so I turned towards my brothers and cleared my throat to start reading it but had a bad feeling in my stomach. Looking towards North for support, he nodded his head with his fist clenched on the table in front of him. Shit was about to hit the fan and it was going to be ugly.

The Letter

"Dear Uncle"
"By the time you read this letter I will hopefully be long gone from this place". "The boys has never told you about my home life and I think that was a mistake on their part" "So let me fill you in on some of it, I don't have a lot of time so I will make this as quick as I can". "Since the age of four my stepmother has been abusing me physically and mentally". "Over the years it only got worse and worse". " How I am not dead yet is a miracle on it's own, but alas the bitch hasn't killed me yet". "The boys knew about almost all of it for the last year and has promised me numeral times that they would get me out and that they would stop her from hurting me, but they haven't done that and I am out of time" "Last night she took a rusted knife and carved into my back as well as over my one arm and leg, she beat me so bad I had to crawl to my room because I couldn't get up and walk". "I didn't even clean my wounds because I couldn't, I just climbed into my bed and passed out" "This morning around two I woke up to laughter coming from the living room" I don't have time to explain how I was able to hear and see them, but maybe the boys can tell you that part". "They were laughing and joking about the fact that they were going to sell me to some guy they knew tonight". "Now is when I realized that I needed to get myself out or my life as I know it would surely be over, so I left this morning on the first bus out of here". "Please tell the boys that I am sorry I didn't contact them but I feel that this is for the best, I need to make a clean escape and start over somewhere new and as far away from Charleston as possible". "I do hope that they are proud of me for finally doing what I was supposed to do a long time ago and tell Victor that I left the phone he bought me in the attic space in my room". "I have to go now, but I want to thank you for all the good memories you gave me and the guys for being my friends". " I also hope they find that special someone one day but that person is obviously not me". "Please don't come looking for me, its best that you all move on with your life's"

With all my love
Max

The silence in the room was scary.