Continue forward

All POV

For the first hour the car was quiet, everyone was in their own heads, thinking about all that she told them.

Axel was stewing behind while driving, barely seeing or hearing anything that is happening around him. Luckily he is a good driver and can still keep his attention on the road even though his head is trying to work through everything. How the fuck could the Blackbourn team leave her in that situation? How had they not come up with a way to get her the fuck out of there even after a year? It has taken every ounce of his patients not to get on the phone and go off on them for their fucking stupidity.

Mark was reeling at how their first leave from the academy was turning out, and couldn't believe that such a young and beautiful girl was being hurt like that and no one was doing anything about it.

Brandon was glancing at Corry and Raven every few minutes to see if they were okay, he could feel the anger rolling of, of Raven and Axel, as well as the worry coming from Mark and Corry. He didn't know quite how to feel about everything, hell he didn't even knew the Blackbourn team had a bird. The day the others came across the team at the mall, he was at the bike shop working on a bike for a customer and the others never mentioned anything about it.

Corry knew Brandon was confused about everything but he couldn't explain everything to him at this moment, it would have to wait until he can talk to him alone. Raven was still pretty pissed about all of it and hasn't let Max go for even a second even though she has told him a few times that she could sit on her own. He would just growl lowly and say Nyet, and she would quiet down and put her head back on his chest. The fear was still in her eyes but it was being over shadowed by the pain she was feeling, I tried to talk to Raven to let her go, so we could have her lay down on one of the back seats where she could be more comfortable, but he wasn't having any of it.

Coming to a decision, Axel clears his throat to get everyone's attention, "We need to contact the Blackbourn team" he said through clenched teeth knowing Raven was going to explode on him for saying it. He held his hand up to stop any of them from complaining when the softest voice among them spoke up instead. "Please, Axel they can't know where I am, I understand why you feel you need to contact them but please don't tell them where I am" she begged him sounding a little as if she was having trouble breathing. He knew she was still scared but he wasn't planning on informing them of her location, "I promise you love, They will not find out from any of us where you are, Corry will make sure that they can't track our phones, but if I don't contact them and give them a piece if my mind or even try to find out what the hell they were thinking leaving you in that situation, I am going to lose my shit and I don't want that to happen" he explained to her hoping she would understand.

It was quiet for a few seconds, before she replied that she understood and getting the information might help her move on better as well. Sighing in relief Axel told Corry to make sure they couldn't be tracked and tell him when it is save to make the call, after that he pulled over to the side of the road and told Mark to take over driving. Getting back on the road, he waited patiently for Corry to give him the go ahead, it didn't take long and he ripped his phone from his pocket and dialed Owen's number. On the third ring he answered, "Pikes" he said in his stoic emotionless voice, "Peaches" Axel answered in the same type of voice. The rest in the car knew that this wasn't going to be nice for the other man on the phone, Axel only used that voice when he was beyond angry. Axel put the phone on speaker so everyone else could hear what is being said, "We have found Max Owen" making sure not to call her their bird because according to him she wasn't theirs at all. "Your location Mr, Toma" Owen barked over the phone as if he had every right to order Axel around, Axel gritted his teeth in anger before he replied. "That isn't important Owen, but what is important is the fact that she had to run away from home, broken and bruised because you lot didn't do fucking shit to help her" Axel all but growled back at him. The line was silent to the point where Axel thought that he may have hung up the phone, "That is a personal matter for our family to sort out Mr. Toma and doesn't concern your team, if you could give us your location we will come and get her so we can get this mess cleared up" Owen answered after a few minutes. Corry smiled to himself because he knew that Owen has ordered Victor to try and track them, but he also knew that Victor wasn't as good as him and Owen now was trying a more subtle way of finding out where we are. Axel full on laughed at Owen which made all the men in the car shift uncomfortably in their seats, knowing that shits about to hit the proverbial fan. Looking over at Max he saw her struggle to keep her eyes open so she could be able to hear what happens next, she must really be tired if Axel's mood isn't affecting her at all. "You, can go fuck yourself Owen Blackbourn if you think we are going to let you know where we are, you left her in a fucking abusive home and did fuck all to help her get out or to stop the abuse from happening, and then you want to act all high and mighty when I ask you why? Fucking hell no I won't tell you shit" Axel exploded over the phone and then ended the call with out saying goodbye. Turning in his seat he looked back at the young woman on Ravens lap to see her fast asleep clinging on to Ravens shirt. How bad has her home life been for her to be able to fall asleep while he was screaming at Owen over the phone? Looking towards Corry he mind linked him to start searching for answers even if it meant hacking into everything of the Blackbourn team to get it. Turning back towards the front he took a few deep breaths to calm himself and his wolf down, he also made a silent pack that NO ONE was ever going to hurt her again, not as long as him and his team can prevent it from happening. Even if it meant that they quit the academy completely for him to keep the pack he just made towards her......