Fifty Nine

Hi guys, so I've been put on a ton of overtime for the next few weeks. I am currently working 12 hour shifts, so I am honestly sleeping most of the day and not really getting around to writing as I had hoped. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcenia

"You will not kill the man I love." I spoke firmly, glaring at him again as I repeated my words but in a different way. The clarification instantly caught Korain's attention. He blushed beet red but fumed internally.

I knew exactly why. Hearing that I love him in these circumstances would irk anyone. The blue haired devil, on the other hand, became livid. I could see the seething rage overtake his expression and again moved faster than he could. I followed whatever my instinct told me, and in this instance lifted my hand and grabbed at him, without moving, and the earth moved to grab him the same way, enclosing around his body as he stared, stunned, at the earth that held him as though he had become one with the rock over thousands of years.

"I said not to touch him." I tightened my fist, seeing the rock crushing down on him further, and pulled him back. "Continue down this path, and you will cease your life in forfeit."

"So will you." He smirked as he turned to me, not explaining further. I watched as he broke free with his bare strength and grabbed at the stunned Korain. I, again, was faster. I struck him with a stronger hit, but this time, he expected it.

He tried to block it as much as he could and failed. As he glared at me, finally, he retaliated. A sword appeared in his hand that he swung at me crazily.

"If I can't have you, I might as well bury your corpse in the grave we made for you, dearest wife."

I was a moment too late. I never expected him to really turn on me the way he did. The blade struck through my heart, and he let go of the blade in shock.

I stepped back, feeling my body weakening at the pain almost immediately. He reached out, trying to grab me, but Korain beat him to it.

I didn't quite care about the rest, watching Korain only as he fretted.

"You can't leave me." Korain said frantically. "You love me, don't  you?"

He held a hand to keep the wound from bleeding around the blade as it disappeared. He pushed against the wound at the front and back, but the blood on his hands flowed freely. If it had been anywhere else, I would have likely healed already. But the blade had been run through my heart with a clean stroke. I placed my hand to his face, hearing gasps around us. My power was releasing around us, wildflowers and herbs growing and blooming with vigor as the blood dripped to the ground. Soon after, though, they dried out and died.

"Korain." I smiled sweetly to him. "You will be able to move onto the celestial world when I die. My seal will break, and all chosen will be released from their earthly bounds..."

"I don't care about that." He said angrily. "Don't leave me."

I placed my lips against his, a mere peck sweetly savoring his taste. "We will meet again in another world. In another lifetime. We always meet, my sweet Deimios."

My body grew cold, and my breath stopped not long after, and I watched from the side as he took me away. A month later, my body was buried next to  his in an unmarked grave, and I watched as Nubis took his soul away.

"You weren't supposed to recall your memories. At all." Nubis, the Anubis, Lord over death, said as he glanced at me.

"I only recalled him while I was dying."

"Even then, your soul has been bound. It is because of such foolishness that you are now where you are."

I shrugged. "You're placing me in a new world soon?"

"Hm." He sighed, and I felt the pull at my soul. A new body was waiting for me to continue my punishments.

"He imprinted his soul on mine, didn't he?"

"He merely initiated a bond. You, as a goddess, should be able to break any bonds placed on you. Yet you..."

I smiled as his voice faded, knowing that we would meet again.

----------------------------------

I'm stopping here for now. I'm fairly tired, and I wanted to wrap the arc up. I will start working on Sixty as soon as I can.