Twenty Eight

"How about you take this girl up to the room my men are waiting in? Get another girl to serve them tea, something calming for this one. And I would like to clean up."

The succubus nodded as the women dispersed and I was taken to a back room where a basin of water already stood prepared.

I turned to see the succubus watching me. "May I have some privacy?"

"Oh, of course." She turned and stepped out.

I sighed as I took the hood off to see my reflection in the bronze mirror. I hadn't intended to tear his arm off but I was not one to go back on my word once I had said what I would do. I quickly cleaned the blood from my face and clothes before staring at myself for a moment.

It came as a surprise to find a thought given to me to choose whether or not I wanted to open it. I allowed the mind knocking on my own to enter the frontal part of my thoughts.

"I apologize for earlier." The voice said. "I would like to ask if you are willing to meet with my master?"

I sighed. I may as well. It would be interesting.

"Ask the Mother of the house to escort you to where I am. I will follow you to your master."

I pulled my hood over my hair and now red dotted cloth over my face a moment before the door opened to reveal a tall man in the doorway. I looked him over quickly, finding little of interest in him besides the fact that he was a rather powerful mage.

"I've come to collect you," he said in the same voice that had entered my mind earlier.

Their room ended up being right beside the one we had. I was shown inside to face several eyes watching me intently. I took a sniff of the room and almost laughed when I realized they were all werewolves. I pulled the mage forward and linked it to him to force the whores out.

The leader did not seem especially pleased when he heard this.

"Our guest says that either they leave or he does. He sees no reason to show himself before gossiping pests."

Reluctantly they shooed the women away and made sure they were a distance away before gesturing towards a chair.

"Is there a reason for this secrecy?" Asked the mage.

I gave a nod, thickening my voice. "There is. Werewolf law states that no matter what grievances one wolf has with another, they are expected to help the wolf in need when one from another race becomes involved in any way. Do you agree with this law?"

The men eyed one another before each giving a nod. "I am Ahman." The leader stated. "I am a prince, I honor the laws more than most, I would say."

I gave a quick nod again. "Mage laws state that they are not allowed to interfere in any matters not immediately concerning themselves or their kind unless there is danger of being harmed by the other races. Do you abide by this law?"

The mage stared at me for a good minute before giving a quick nod.

"Good. I will hold you to your words." I said without the thickness in my voice. I removed the coverings and smiled sweetly towards them. They stared at me for quite a while.

"You called me here for a reason." I prompted them.

"Our mage, Felix, was surprised to find someone able to detect him." One of the others started.

"Even more so, someone who was able to shut him out and link with him." The second said.

I smiled a sickeningly sweet smile. "I'm a half-werewolf. If that was what you wished to know. My father is of werewolf blood. My mother, not so much."