Forty eight

(STILL Demios)

Over the course of a few weeks, I almost constantly had images pop up in my mind of myself being with the strange angelic faced woman. Sometimes we were eating together, sometimes strolling, and sometimes, more often than the other two, we would be indulging in pleasures that had my senses on fire.

The longer it went on, the more I realised that my fondness for the girl was growing the same way described by my peers when accepting a mate and building the relationship with her worked.

And then came the day where something changed. The visions came more often and became so vivid that I had trouble differentiating between reality and the visions. 

"Love?" 

I looked up into her eyes, noticing for the first time the slight plumpness that filled her cheeks now. Her heterochromia eyes sparkled in adoration for me, or was this for the person truly before her?

"Are you listening, Love?"

"Yes, of course."

"Guess what?"

"Hmmm?"

"I can hear another heartbeat inside of me."

I stalled, laying in my own bed, waiting for the person that she was speaking with to respond to her. Another heartbeat? Was she pregnant with this man's child?

A fit of strange jealousy burst upwards inside of me. My heart clenched and my body was frozen in place. My head hurt at the thought.

"Who's there?" She asked suddenly, her eyes narrowed at me. "Get out of his mind!"

I was shoved back forcefully, my body convulsing at the force as well. Days passed after this, and I could not see her again. I had tried, my mind desperate to see her again, my heart clenched in constant angst, but it was as though the link that had somehow formed on its own was severed completely.

Sitting next to Ymir and Hegan as we watched Gaelik and the leviathan prince poured over an orb that displayed different worlds, I was deep in thought, trying my best to find that connection again.

It was then that Gem appeared in front of me, his fox ears present as he smirked widely at me. "You're so upset that it's obvious. Wanna show me what got to you? Are you missing a certain red-head that badly?"

"What are you blabbering about, you mangy fox?" Asked Gaelik as he eyed us for a moment before he turned back to the orb.

"Show me your mind, little lizard." Gem insisted, his ears twitching on top of his head.

"Her hair's not fully red." The words slipped out before I could stop it, and I glared at the fox who smiled from ear to ear.

"Oh, what about her eyes?"

"Heterochromia. One black, one gold." I clamped my mouth shut again.

"Hetero..." Gaelik's brows knit together and a moment later he walked towards us, pulling me out of my seat by my shirt. "Where did you see her?"

"He's been having visions of the girl for about three months now."

"What? Why didn't you tell me?"

"You didn't ask."

"What exactly are you to muttering on about?" Prometheus asked as he stepped closer, the other elder dragons with him.

"Your friend here has been having visions of Marcenia in the world where she is now, in the body that she is in now," Gem announced.

"How?" Asked Ahman, Marcenia's werewolf predecessor.

"My guess is that Marcenia mated with his copy of that universe and that the bond is strong enough to transcend into this universe, and likely all other universes like ours. Come with me, and open your mind so that we may find her."