Sixty Five

Please buy this writer a Ko-fi (at your own discretion, of course!) https://ko-fi.com/tbeckmann

---

A fist flew at me immediately after, and I blocked it quickly. Levi turned with a swift kick that I dodged, grabbing him by the leg and throwing him over my shoulder. He twisted in time, breaking his fall and getting upright again.

"Levi, what are you doing?" The headmaster tried to intervene.

"Stay out of it." My father and I returned at the same time.

"We always handle disputes this way." I said.

With that said, I ran at him with speed, jumping mid stride and twisting as I kicked him. He flew backward and into the wall, leaving a large dent where he slid down to the ground, thoroughly unconcious.

"I guess I win this round." I shrugged, looking to the salamander.

"I get to keep you all!"

"What just happened?" I heard Ora ask.

"Did a child just knock out Levi Bardell?" His father asked.

I moved on to pet my fire cat, lovingly stroking through the thick fur.

"I don't think this school has anything to offer a child like you." I heard the headmaster.

"Father tried to tell the council. They didn't believe him."

"Of course they didn't. Who would believe a seven year old could be this talented?"

"Is anyone going to tend to him?" Another instructor asked, pointing to where my father laid sprawled out.

"Nah."

"He deserves it."

"Getting knocked out should help him build character."

A sigh was heard from the side, and everyone turned to find Sicily Bardell glaring at Levi.

"I told him we might as well just sign you up to the guild." Her hand glowed when she touched his head, and he woke up soon after. "He hasn't won a fight against his own child in the past three months. What can a stupid school teach the child?"

She walked over to where I was, looking at the pets around me. "You dared to defy my orders and tamed more beasts?"

I smiled at her, feeling a little satisfied with her helping father. "I'm a summoner, Mother."

She smiled back, but I could see the threat in her eyes. "What do you have in your bag there, child of mine?"

I looked down to the bag and back at her at first, not understanding. Then excitedly took the egg out and showed it to her.

"I found it in the assessment arena."

She stepped closer, bending down to look at the egg, touching a finger to it. A sizzling sound came from her finger, and she looked at the part where it seemed that the egg had burned her.

"Just as I thought. It should hatch soon. You found and tamed yourself a Phoenix, child of mine."

Mother only ever called me child of mine when she was exceedingly angry with me. When she was angry at my father and I together, it would devolve to 'Child of his'.

I scratched my head, knowing fully that she was angry at me as well  before my eyes landed on the two boys who had requested to be my partners. It was a cowardly move, but my mother was scary when angry.

"Mother, meet Ora and Azrael. Father agreed to let them court me."

The older men stiffened, immediately realizing that I was saving my own skin by throwing these two into the fire.