Thirty Nine

My mother, proud of what she had taught me, elbowed my father and forced him to force me to participate once they seemed to settle at the sight of my newly picked cousin.

"My daughter wishes to participate in women's entertainment." I narrowed my eyes at my mother's smug face. Her thoughts were as obvious as those of the other mothers from other families.

Their faces said it all. They found me lacking because I have so far shown a masculine affinity while my mother wished to rub it in their faces that I was multi-talented.

"Oh?" The queen spoke for the first time. Her eyes turned to me and before I could object she waved a hand. "Come, perform for us, child."

I sighed, standing up with as much grace as my mother had forced me to learn, and strode to the middle of the room. My steps could not be heard, my body didn't sway and my head was held high. In front of me appeared a portal, which gained her attention more.

I reached my hand inside, watching them become guarded.

I gave a quick smile, seeing my mother panic when she realized.

As this took a toll on me every time, I did not use it as often as I had in my real body.

I pulled a large paintbrush from the portal, surprising them.

However, this was not what startled my family. What startled them was the fact that they knew exactly what I did with the enormous brush. I swung the brush around, he bristles swaying in the movement, brushing over the floor. hough the brush had no paint to its bristles, the floor it touched became pitch black. I moved it again, the bristles coloring more of the marble floor in different colors. The scene formed in my mind before it formed on the floor. By now they were intently watching each stroke color a lifelike picture.

I finally stood back, eyeing the floor and inspecting the picture.

They were in awe.

The massive painting depicted two men standing opposite one another, their stances that of rivals. Their faces were blank, with no features available for any to see. I watched as Caden slowly pulled the little princess behind him, so did the rest of my family. The image slowly changed, the paint moving to the two figures. The figures grew and came to life to form the two men who stood opposite one another.

The hall grew quiet as they watched the two figures come to life.

They moved before anyone could blink, charging at one another at a speed that seemed inhumane, weapons clashing and inhumane roars and grunts coming from them.

The battle continued for some time when one's weapon was knocked from his hold. However the now unarmed man charged straight for the other, no hesitance in his stance as the weapon still flew through the air, finally settling deeply in the wood of the table he had in front of him.

The table was cleaved in half, but no weapon remained.

The unarmed man ran at the other, tackling him into the midst of Commander Lee's people. The armed one used the hilt of his weapon to hammer into the opponent's back when a snarling came from one. A roar answered as one man picked up the other, then slamming him into the furniture.

Before their eyes, the men turned into beasts.

A wolf and a bear circled one another, their hackles raised and ready to to pounce, when both suddenly turned, their attention on the King. They slowly moved toward him, their stances ready to pounce.

I put the brush down to the floor, more paint appearing on the tips, changing color as I went.

Three large wolves appeared and moved towards the King's guards, then more appeared, the room slowly filling up with different beasts who slowly came to stand in front of every man in the room.