One - Meeting the King(s)

MACEY

"Wake me up, when September ends!" I nodded my head along with the beat of the song as I walked down the street towards the bakery where I worked.

It turned to a dancing jog when the music changed and I closed my eyes. Moonwalking across the street when something bumped into me. Something large, made of steel and painted midnight blue.

I stumbled slightly to the left and stopped with an irritated sigh.

"Great, awesome mood ruined and greatest moonwalk ever stopped mid stride." I turned to the large truck and huffed, feeling my cheeks puff out slightly and a frown marring my brow.

"What the actual fuck, dude? Can you see this is a walking zone and the light is green for pedestrians?! Or did your big fat whatever this thing is grow legs and start walking?"

Two large men got out from each side. They were golden skinned, dressed in dark suits and black haired. I hardly paid attention to their facial features.

"I believe it's called a Mercedes." The one to the left said with a strange accent, seeming slightly amused.

"You are in the way, pest." The other scowled with the same accent.

"Do you see these lines across the street?" I asked. He failed to answer, and that seemed to irk me more. "And that light right there?" He still refused to answer or even look. "No? Then I see what the problem is. You must be blind."

His mouth fell agape while the other seemed to try not to laugh. I turned to the one on the left, putting one hand on my hip and pointing a finger with the other at him.

"Listen, Buffalo Sam, don't you think it's your responsibility to drive if your friend is blind? I mean, and this is my opinion, but there are certain laws that say that you can absolutely not drive if you're blind. And then to hit a pedestrian while the pedestrian is crossing on a pedestrian crossing while the pedestrian crossing light is green, well, that does get you attempted manslaughter had I been severely injured, at the least. And to break an awesome moonwalk is just plain rude, you know?"

I walked over to the side of the Mercedes and looked it up and down for a moment, just as another got out of the same type of vehicle and came closer.

"What's this about now, Renaro?" the third asked as he joined the others.

I sighed and squatted down beside the truck, grabbing onto the stepping bars at its side.

"Since he's blind and you like breaking the law, I have the perfect solution."

I pushed my legs up, the vehicle groaning for a moment before it completely lifted. I swung it up and quickly stepped in below it, holding it above my head. I squatted with it and jumped, tossing the vehicle onto the nearest roof of a building. Dusting my hands I turned to the three shocked men.

"Now, now, don't seem so shocked. Had you merely apologised, like you should have, your big ass truck would still be safely on the ground. So, I bid you a good day and a wonderful journey."

Waving, I turned and walked along further.

***~***

It was around five in the morning that I got home. I was chilled through to the bone from the cold outside and tired from working until now.

"Mom, is there any tomato soup left from yesterday?" I called out as I entered, knowing my mother would be in the kitchen.

"Yes, honey. Do you want me to heat some up?"

I entered the kitchen, the smell of coffee luring me towards the pot.

"Yes, please." I said as I poured a cup of hot brew. I took a sip before turning to my mother who was heating some soup on the stove for me.