Eleven

King Dovenos

I stared at the papers that had just been handed to me at the breakfast table in the large dining hall. I guffawed, shutting my mouth an instant later. But the more I read over the papers, the more I started snickering, until it turned into a full out bellow.

"What is so amusing, mate?" My wife asked as I continued to laugh, struggling to breathe. I handed her the papers.

"Is this... Did Macey get Pearl Bay to sign a treaty? Within a few hours?"

I watched as Nathaniel's face turned red, his eyes burning into the papers my wife held.

"How?"

I gave her the letter that had been sent with the treaty papers.

"Read it for everyone to hear." I told her. "I'm sure many of our warriors wish to know what their most loved advisor did to achieve what the Beta could not."

She nodded, standing up to be able to project her voice over the crowd who were now attentively listening.

"King Dovenos, First I would love it if you could tell the pilot to stock up on more food for my next flight. We ran out five hours before landing." There were a few chuckles amongst the crowd. "Second, you told me this would be challenging. I threatened to burn Xavier alive once and the... I can't use this language." She frowned at me when Gerald offered to read further.

"I threatened to burn Xavier alive once and the prissy cunts practically served themselves on a platter, figuratively speaking, of course. The Alpha then went on to wish me dead, so we made a deal. Either he agreed to challenge me, and should he had won, I would have left him and his pack and told you that I had failed. Should I win, he was to sign the treaty no questions asked. If not, I promised to pester him to the day he was bald, old and grey. He opted to accept the challenge. So after beating the living, splattering shit out of him and his high rankers, I had to help him sign the treaty since his hands were both broken, as well as some ribs and I guess literally kicking someone's derriere does tend to break the tailbone, leaving that person practically useless. I'll have to stand in for the sorry sacks of teeth and fur until the entire pack recovers from their stupidity in actually thinking they could take down a hybrid. Yes, I do mean that I rendered every male bed ridden and more useless than they had been beforehand.

"I already made appointments with the six clans in the area, they accepted, with the request that I met them in a meeting area near them. Understandable as I had been told that the idiot Alpha actually tortured some of their people, so they would be careful of a possible double cross. I'll have to leave the pack in the hands of my..." He glared at the papers, catching the attention of more people. "Is this correct, your Majesty? Her brother?"

"Yes. Macey has an older brother. Not a true brother. He was adopted by her parents. He is also a hybrid and was cast away by both of his parents. Continue."

"My brother and his mate should be able to keep them safe for a few hours. Tell Felix his sister, Melanie, says that she is disappointed in him after hearing him pushing his perversion onto me over the phone and that Vaughn, his brother, said that he would take his powers should he continue his masochistic ways." Felix's eyes grew wide at this. "I will send a new report once I've spoken to the clans."

"You can always trust Macey to beat someone into submission." Marion commented, the entire hall cheering at his words.

Macey King

Arriving at the scheduled meeting place I saw the faces of the six clan leaders, surrounded by several of their own warriors. I stepped into the clearing, several heads turning to me. Three Vampire clans, Bear clansmen, two clans of Orc leaders and to my surprise, a small clan of Dragons that were not said would attend.