Forty One

The woman eyed me long and hard.

"Did you finally decide to give us a daughter-in-law?" She walked closer and inspected me. "She's certainly strange looking."

"Mother, Father." Marcellus said in a deep tone as he bowed to them. "Do you remember the stories of those who traverse across the bridge between worlds?"

The man's eyes sharpened, looking at me.

"This is..." He frowned, recalling only now that he never asked my name.

"Marcenia Celestia King. In this body, however, I'm known as Celeste."

"She is your...?" The woman with yellow eyes seemed to blink in confusion.

"She is your exact worldly opposite?" Asked the man.

"You guessed it Kingy-King."

The red haired man that looked as fierce as my mother was frowned. "Kingy-King?"

I smiled. "It seems when I teleported my magic was drawn to this big ass idiot."

"Did you just curse..." Marcellus' father started.

"No, I did not. Calling him a big ass fucking idiot is cursing. I just called him a big ass idiot. If you feel offended, it's most likely because you made him this big ass idiot." I gave a smirk, meeting his glare easily.

"Hahahaha!" His mother laughed. "I like her. She's more like me than Marcellus."

"She resembles you too much." The man groaned. "I am Lavin Zkaldin, she is my wife Sebia Zkaldin."

"Heh, my parents are Lavine and Sebastian King. Even your tempers and appearances are like theirs, the difference being that my father is like Sebia and my mother like you."

"Why are you in our world...?"

I smiled. "It's a long story, how about we do this over dinner?"

"...And so the Muppet bunch found me in a field a bit of a walk away from the encampment." I finished my story, biting into the piece of pork roast I had stolen from Marcellus' plate.

They stared at me the same way they had been staring at me for the last four hours as I had told the highlights of my life.

"So you're saying that not only are you from another world, but you're from another time all together and you've been among actual demons?" asked Helia.

"Yes."

"And you're not in your own body?"

"Yes."

"And you..."

I pressed a bun into his mouth. "Why exactly are you so mouthy?"

Next to him their sister started snorting with held in laughter. "How are you and this stiff he same person?"

"Well, to be exact, we are exact opposites. Our souls are exact reflections, meaning that everything that I am, he is not and everything that he is, I am not."

"You said you have a sibling?" Asked Sebia with a smile.

"One adopted brother, yes."

She seemed surprised. "Why did your parents adopt?"

"Well, after many failed pregnancies they decided to take in the son of a friend. Eventually I was born thereafter."

"How strange. Did your father not take in more women?" asked Lavin.

"No. My father's kind has predestined mates. Cheating can make you deathly ill and losing your mate can either drive you to insanity or kill you."

"Is it the same for you? Since you are 'half-breed', as you've called it?"