Five

Passing the kitchen, the smell of meat drew me in once more. I quickly moved towards where whole turkeys lined the heating racks. I smiled, grabbing one whole turkey and sank my teeth in the flesh. I turned, holding onto the turkey for dear life, and passed the two very amused males.

As we walked through the manor, I was stared at by many people. Whether it was because I had Draconian blood coursing through me, or because I had a massive turkey that I was chomping on while we walked, I didn't really care to find out.

Upon the training grounds, I was greeted with several different auras as they looked at me, Gerald and Demonico. Some were of utter disgust at the mere sight of me. Some had complete disinterest. And others were either interested or amused, especially when they saw the now half-eaten turkey.

I was eating like a gluttonous pig while the two men spoke to some of the less aggressive wolves that had neared us.

"She seems... Hungry." an older male said. His hair was completely grey, but golden eyes and golden skin spoke of his nationality very clearly.

"She did mention needing to eat every hour."

"How do you fit everything in that body, little winged wolf?" He asked of me.

I swallowed another piece of turkey and smiled at him. He smiled back. His aura was good.

"You know how wolves eat almost constantly, because their metabolisms burn through energy quite easily?"

They nodded.

"And dragons eat once in a while, but large portions? Since their bodies need less energy to move around."

"How is this relevant?"

"Imagine trying to keep a dragon sized stomach full when you have the metabolism of a wolf."

I took another bite, moaning slightly as the taste played with my taste buds. Smiling slightly, I tossed the last bones on a trash can and wiped my hands on my pants.

"Well... That explains it quite well, actually."

I looked him up and down again, liking his aura even more. "You have good energy. Your aura is pure."

He stared at me for a moment as I realised more wolves were watching us.

I gave him another once-over, smiling even more than before. "Let's go train, Uncle Garion."

"How did you..."

I grabbed his arm and tugged him towards the area on the training grounds where they did sparring.

"I am of Gamma and dragon blood, so I can easily tap into your thoughts. Don't worry, I only looked for your name."

We moved to an outer area, away from the rest who seemed to wish to avoid me like a plague. My cousin as well as the prince stood on the edge of the ring, some of the more curious stragglers moving closer to take a look around. I stood opposite Garion, stretching slightly as he watched.

"Are you sure you wish to proceed against Garion?" I heard Demonico to my right.

"Well..."

"He is our most skilled fighter and he is a veteran from the wars." another warrior chirped in.

"Well, according to the files our King has allowed me to read, my father was even better than him. And my father has been training me since the moment I could walk. This will be fun, if you ask me."

"Your Father?" Garion asked with a frown.

"You missed most of the gathering this morning to welcome the King." Gerard said. "She's Gamma Sebastian King's daughter."

Garion tilted his head as I stretched my back out and smirked back at him.

"That explains why she looks familiar..." he murmured.

"Let's do this."

"Very well!" the Prince came to stand between us, raising his voice. "Delta and head warrior Garion Sanderson to fight in a friendly match against Macey King, a competitor for the title of being our next Gamma. This will be a simple one-on-one. No cheap shots, no endangering wounds and absolutely no shifting whatsoever allowed. First to get a hand to their opponent's throat, knock their opponent out or get their opponent out of the ring is the winner."

He stepped backwards as I took my time to look my opponent over. I felt my pupils slit as my ability to read people kicked in stronger than before. I shifted my eyes over his body as everything slowed down around me. I saw the slight angle that he held his hips at, the way he twisted himself to get in a fighting stance. A smile came to my lips as my eyes returned to normal.

He, in turn, frowned at me, a confused look on his face.

"Ready?" He asked and I immediately nodded, Garion took a moment longer as he continued to stare at my eyes. Finally he gave a slight nod as well.

"I'll hold back, for your sake." I said to him with an even wider smile.

Murmurs sounded around us as I continued to stand upright and ended up taking my shoes off.

"Start!"

I smirked the moment he moved, waiting for him to take a shot. but he stopped mid-stride, frowning as his eye searched my face. He backed away slightly, still staring at me. He tried again, rushing at me at full speed.

"Defend yourself!" I heard Gerald shout from the sideline as Garion pulled his fist back.

I moved quickly, my fist hitting his with a crushing sound coming from his fist. he pulled back, holding his bruised hand against him. I took my chance and swung a jab at his jaw with my right before hooking him with my left fist. He seemed dazed and the crowd around us had gone silent ash their best warrior was about to topple over from two hits. I twisted and kicked for  his head, a move which he blocked just in time, staggering slightly.

"It seems your bite is after all something to look forward to." he commented.

I stayed silent, waiting for him to come at me again.

He started throwing a punch again, and I countered, watching as he feigned and kicked me in the ribs. I gave a cough as the air had left my lung with force at the impact of the kick. I retaliated by giving him an uppercut again, jabbing him in the left rib and stepping forward, my head connecting to his with a sickening crack. He staggered back again, gripping his nose that bled through his fingers. I stood, waiting as he pushed his nose back in place. My eyes scrutinized him as he stormed forward this time. He tackled me to the ground and landed a few punches to my face and ribs while I blocked.

"You may shift!"

Watching me, Garion shifted right on top of me and tried to get his teeth to my neck. I kicked him off and looked his wolf over. Grey and white he stood a head taller than me, his teeth tainted with the blood from my arms. I stood up as he started circling around me. Rolling my shoulders back I allowed my own wolf to step forward, sharing complete control with her. The shift took no longer than a second, but he backed off when his eyes landed on me. I was larger than him, but my coat was as red as my natural hair, the color seeming bloody under the glaring sun. I stood at least a foot taller and my eyes had become pitch black, no other color to be spotted in my eyes. But because of my mixed blood, my body was more built, muscles standing taught beneath my glossy coat. I licked my lips, eight lengthened canines had him staring. four, two at the top and two at the bottom, were like theirs, curved and ready for slaughter. While the other four, also two at the top and two at the bottom, seemed like sharp double edged blades that stood tall in front of the wolf canines.

As he backed away slightly, his wolf clearly feeling the dominance I held over him, I charged at him, throwing him over and easily getting my teeth to his throat. I gave slight pressure to his neck and it was called almost the same instant that he threw his neck out to me.