Chapter 6

Charlotte POV

This is actually happening.

I'm dating not one but two Avengers, and they're coming to my house tonight.

On the way back I stare at countless pictures of Captain America and Sargent Barnes, over and over, making sure the two were actually them. This made them laugh, but I felt more and more like an idiot the more pictures I saw.

I know who ever is reading this story of my life, probably thinks I'm stupid too. But could you blame a girl, I barely go on social media, I talk to plants for fun and I listen to enough music I'm surprised I'm not a MP3 player.

Even in the news reports, or the videos I barely saw anything besides the attack. And here I am nervously popping the popcorn and laying out the various of snacks and cold drinks on my coffee table.

Do they eat a lot, they must fight a lot, they have to get a lot of food in them right? Shit, fuck, god dammit!

What have I gotten myself into!

It's been a fucking week since we started dating and shit I'm still fucking nervous.

Shit, fuck....I'm sorry, I'm nervous.

I think you can tell.

Pouring the popcorn in the large bowl, I lightly spread the melted butter on top. Tossing it around I hear my door bell ring. My heart skips, as I turn off the melted cheese for the nachos, placing the bowl on the countertop.

I wash my buttery hands quickly before looking in the mirror. Staring at my green plad pajama pants with my over the shoulder t-shirt that says Plant Mom 4 Life, I take a breath.

My loc'd hair is in a simple loose braid, with a few strands sticking out. Pushing them into place I sigh, "Well here goes nothing."

Walking down the narrow stairs I open my door revealing the two men.

"H-Hi!"

My stairway is pretty narrow, opening the closet door, I step inside, "Please come in."

It takes them minute but they step in, allowing me to close the door behind me. Seeing them out of sight I groan silently, leaning my head against the door.

"Why did I do that?"

Slapping my cheeks, I take a deep breath before marching up the stairs.

"You two can sit on the couch, I can take your coats too."

Steve smiles, "It's ok."

Placing them on the back of the dinning room chair I hear the thoughts in my head cursing me for not just suggesting that in the first place. Pouring the cheese on the nacho's I pray to the sky that they aren't vegan or something.

Taking the platter and popcorn I put them on the table, "If you need anything else don't hesitate to tell me!"

The only thing that seems to be calming me down is Marvin Gaye I Want You. The Vinyl spins the songs through the speaker lightly.

I look at the two, taking a breath, "If you can't tell, I'm really nervous, haven't been on a date in a while."

Since before shit hit the fan, "But I have a lot of movies I've collected over the years, from VSH, CD, Downloads, just tell me what you want and I most likely have it!"

Walking over to the front of my TV, I pull out the bins, trying to find a good suggestion for the two.

"You have a record player?"

Bucky's voice fills the room, I stand, "Yeah, I have a lot of records too!"

Walking over to the large bookshelf filled with hundreds of record I present them, "This is my collection, from new to old, I have a lot."