Chapter 7

Charlotte POV

Dating the super soldiers is going better than expected, the two would surprise me with visits or chat with me via cell phone. Maria would tease the shit out of me but I don't mind. With one headphone on I sing to myself, as I set up the flowers for the High School graduation.

"Male or female, it make no difference, I stop the world! World stop...Carry on~ Kitty on fleek, pretty on fleek (Uh) Pretty gang always keep them igga's on geek."

Shaking my hips, I open the trunk of my van, starting with the lighter objects. I groan as they're all safely and securely knowing I have to get the heavier load. Rolling up my loose sleeves I try to pick up the huge pot, struggling, I march over to the car slowly.

Then it suddenly got really light, "Be careful there Doll."

Doll?

"Bucky!"

He picks up the pot with ease placing it in the trunk gently, "Need some help?"

I smile, "Please?"

And so he does, I get a bit fussy since he won't let me touch anything but I really don't mind. I can feel Maria's smirk from inside as she tends to the many customers coming in to pick up flowers for future graduates of all ages.

Putting in the last pot, I smile at him, "Do you mind coming with me to unload everything at the high school."

He walks to the passage side, "You didn't have to ask, I was planning to come with you anyway."

I smile, letting my white blouse fall alongside my olive work pants. Slipping in the driver's seat, I start up the engine, rolling down the windows I drive off. Talking with Bucky always seems to brighten up my day, he reminds me of a petunia, a flower that once represented anger and resentment now symbolizing desire, hope, comfort, and calmness.

That's what I feel when I see him, parking the car near the gym, I text the vice principal, informing her I'm here.

Smiling at Bucky we step out of the car, as he starts to unload everything the gym door unlocks, allowing me to hold it in place as it gets all the heavy stuff inside. Getting a few of the lighter items he closes the trunk, allowing us to step inside.

It's quiet, really quiet.

I look around, "What's wrong?"

The vice principal walks over, looking at Bucky in amazement, "You're Sargent Barnes! Oh my lord, it's an honor!"

She takes his hand, shaking it firmly.

Oh yeah, he's a hero, why do I keep forgetting that. He smiles proudly yet nervously, it's good to see his rep getting recognized as the Sargent and not the solider. She lets him go, "What are you doing here?"

She looks at me, "I didn't know you were acquainted with him!"

I laugh nervously, "He offered to help with everything."

"Splendid! Thank you for coming Sargent Barnes!"

Getting past the stares and whispers which turn into pictures and conversations with him, I arrange everything. The vice-principle tries her best to shoo the others away but it doesn't do much.

By the end she's practically begging him to do a speech for the graduation but I can tell he just wants to get the hell out of here. So I step in front of him, I give her a kind smile, "Actually, we have a lot more orders to deliver today, can't let you take my helper now can I?"

I feel him hold my hand gently from behind, she's understanding, letting us go promptly. Slipping back into the car, we relax, "Thanks for helping me back there."