Chapter 17

Charlotte POV

"This smells fucking amazing!"

Stirring the sausage and shrimp gumbo, I smile at the fresh aromas filling the air. Bucky and Steve should be back any minute, and I'm excited to introduce them to new flavors. Sipping my mango juice, I hum softly as the poetic flow of rap slips through the player.

Swaying to the music, I smile, "Aay! Aay! Aay! Aay!"

Bucky POV

Unlocking the door the sound of music and the scent of food fills their air. I smile, "We're home!"

No response, must be in the shower, heading upstairs I see the large pot on the stove and the music playing. Slipping off my coat, I stop, stepping on the plastic cup.

Looking down I see the spilled juice, "Doll?"

Steve notices my worry, heading into the bedroom, I find nothing.

Bathroom, nothing.

"Charlotte!"

"Bucky, she's not here."

Charlotte POV

I open my eyes slowly.

The air is cold.

Everything is so bright, too bright.

Looking around I try to get up, but I can't, why can't I get up?

Seeing a woman in a white lab coat, I frown, "She's awake. Subject 1 is ready for the first injection. May Project Dominion, begin."

Adrenaline spreads through me, "No. NO!"

I try to fight, "NO! NO! NO! LET ME GO!"

I don't know what that is.

I want to go home.

Steve.

Bucky.

Feeling someone hold me down a sharp pain pinches my arm. Panicking, I begin to fade away.

Everything is dark.

Everything is so cold.

I hate the cold.

Opening my eyes, I'm surrounded by darkness, then a sharp light.

Seeing the door open, the light peak through I start to cry.

"No. NO!"

What day is it?

"DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!"

What time is it?

"STOP!"

I want to go home.

Feeling the men grab me they drag me out, kicking and screaming I try to fight. One of them must have been tired of it because they toss me against the wall. I screech, sobbing as they drag me off.

Every day is a new room.

A new task.

A new test.

Seeing the scientist she writes something down and straps me in. I try to fight but it doesn't do much, they tie my legs and arms together.

"Put her in the bath."

I squirm, "Please. Let me go, please."

Then I'm surrounded by water, cold ice water, I cry out but they keep me down, keep me from getting air.

Please.

The sharp pains of needles around my body, cause me to cry harder.

Please.