CH. 10

So maybe Ryujin was abusing the fact that she was on a "tiny" boat with Yeji, in front of the full view and attention of all her family and friends, who fully expected her to display her affection for Yeji for everyone to see.

Okay, maybe that was another lie she'd told herself.

But Yeji seemed to be just as easy-going and along for the ride as before, and Ryujin really was enjoying their seating arrangement, she sprawled out over the deck of the boat, glorious legs open for Yeji to sit between, to lean back into her.

And it wasn't like they were acting that differently. They were still the same old nerd and dork, gossiping about life and making the absolute lamest jokes to each other in hushed whispers that confused just about everybody else.

Occasionally, Yeji would lean back into Ryujin. Ryujin, ever the helpful friend, found that it was her duty to wrap her arms around the brunette, and murmur things into her hair, and to yelp out cutely whenever Yeji would pinch her after a particularly cruel comment.

They had sat like that, enjoying the LA sun beating down on them, tanning them further, while breathing in the scent of each other's faint perfume amongst the salty mist they were sprayed with from time to time, as Keith enjoyed the only other lady, he loved more than Lana, his beloved "Dropship."

"Why the Dropship, Ryujin?" Yeji asked in her curious tone, cocking her head to the side innocently, and Ryujin swooned internally for maybe the eightieth time that day.

"Why the name?" Ryujin clarified, clearing her throat. "Is that what you're asking?"

"Yes." Yeji smiled apologetically, her arms resting on either side of Ryujin, who was absently playing with her fingers, trying not to notice how soft and elegant they looked.

"Well, if you follow me to the tiny little bathroom, I'll show you." Ryujin quipped, smiling wickedly.

Yeji frowned. "I'm afraid I don't follow, Ryujin."

Ryujin's smirk deepened. "Because I can drop your panties on this ship-"

Yeji swatted her arm, cheeks burning. "That doesn't even sound good, Ryujin."

Ryujin barked out a laugh, glad to hear Yeji's soft chuckle infront of her. She sighed contentedly for a moment, wishing away everything and everyone else in the world.

For just a second, she pretended Yeji was there because she liked Ryujin, and not for some business transaction with her father. God, it felt so right.

But Ryujin knew better than to ruin a perfectly smooth plan with crazy ideals of perfection and love.

She wouldn't do that to Yeji.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Yeji mumbled into her ear. "Although, Ryujin, I've never understood the saying. Your thoughts are priceless."

Why did Yeji have to go off and be like that? For such a nerd, she was one hell of a smooth talker. And it was genuine, which made it all the worse.

Ryujin blushed profusely. "I was just thinking.. Jisu and Chaeryeong. They make a cute couple."

Yeji nodded, her gaze finding her friend and Ryujin's friend, both sitting by the edge of the railing to the far left, appearing to be deep in conversation.

"They do." Yeji mumbled, her eyes watching the way Jisu's softened eyes, and they didn't do that for just anyone. Lee Chaeryeong was special.

But, like Shin Ryujin, Lee Chaeryeong was off limits. Perhaps for different reasons, but untouchable, unattainable all the same, like a beautiful mirage that tempted and tantalized until the hallucination was no more.