CH. 18

Yeji had woken up to a large glass of water and several pills by Ryujin's bedside. After frowning because she'd clearly slept in, missed her morning run, and Ryujin, she opted for a shower, pushing the door aside.

Ryujin of course, had already been in and out of the shower, the room still thick with the condensation of her time there. Yeji shut the door behind her and took in a breath, stripping as she turned to face herself in the mirror.

She was a hot mess.

Her makeup was still there in remnants, what she couldn't entirely finish off the night before. Her hair was mussed as she ran a hand through it, combing her fingers through the silky lengths. She revealed her own neck and collarbone then, gasping slightly. Running the pads of her fingers over bruised and marked skin, she felt a smile tugging at her full lips.

She tried not to think too explicitly of Ryujin's lips on her skin, biting and suckling as she marked Yeji up like she belonged to her.

She tried, and failed miserably, throwing herself into the shower, which she kept very cold.

She'd almost slept with Ryujin last night.

Almost.

She was glad that they stopped. She couldn't entirely remember why, or what exactly she'd confessed to Ryujin, but she knew that Shin Ryujin deserved her full performance, unhindered by drunkenness. Shin Ryujin deserved the world.

Allowing the rivulets of water to cascade over her body, she ran her hands along the length of her sore legs, as if apologizing to herself for the torturous heels she wore (mostly for Ryujin's benefit). She stopped along her thigh, eyes widening as she felt a sense of Deja vu.

Images flashed through her mind of Ryujin rolling her hips against the very thigh, arching into her touch as she got intoxicated once more on Yeji's lips. Had Ryujin...? Yeji shook the thought from her mind as she sped up her shower.

She wasn't sure how to confront Ryujin. She was slightly terrified. Ryujin meant everything to her, absolutely everything. Ryujin was her confidant, her best friend, and her only true ally here, possibly in Yeji's life. She needed Ryujin like her lungs needed air. This, whatever it was that happened, might have derailed that.

But god, how Yeji wanted it. She wasn't sure if Ryujin felt the same way. She wasn't sure if Ryujin was simply using her for a good night of inebriated fun. She couldn't even remember half the things they'd said to each other in the heat of the moment.

Yeji shut off the water, stepped out, and set about changing, lucky that she'd carried her clothes into the bathroom with her. She wasn't sure where Ryujin was, but she knew that it would be no less mortifying if Yeji was caught bare naked in their hotel room. She wasn't sure what state she'd left Ryujin in.

Yeji dressed and brushed, bracing herself as she opened the door.

She knew that there was only one solution to quell her anxiety. She had to simply suck it up and confront Ryujin head on. She had absolutely nothing to lose. If she had to, and Ryujin was clearly regretting what had happened (just the thought of it broke Yeji's heart), she too could hide behind the excuse of alcohol and poor decision making.

This train of thought, however, was entirely derailed when Yeji swung the bathroom door open, revealing Ryujin, who'd turned to her with a fresh mug of coffee in hand. She was all showered and clean, smiling as brightly as the sun that had shone through the clouds to greet her that morning.

Yeji's breath caught in her throat; Ryujin was absolutely stunning still. So that hadn't changed. Of course, she'd thought Ryujin was stunning since the moment they met.