Epilogue

"Morning, wife." Ryujin purred into Yeji's ear, the two clutching each other under the covers of the bed.

Yeji woke with a grin on her face, looking like a child on christmas morning.

She hadn't had many holidays worth celebrating at all, to compare the feeling to, but she imagined it was something like this.

Warmth, radiating throughout her body.

A smile, plastered on her face, unmoving.

Happiness so strong it made her chest ache.

She thought of her past self. Her child self, cowering and struggling to get through the motions, promising herself that someday, this would be in the cards.

And oh, that day came, glorious and sweet, everything she could have imagined.

She was giddy.

She was getting married.

"Not yet." Yeji tsked in a sleepy voice, turning to face Ryujin, who was propped up on her elbow, lazily tracing patterns on Yeji's stomach, under her shirt.

"Has a nice ring to it, right? Better than fiancé to-be."

Yeji hummed her agreement, drinking in the beauty that was Ryujin, a halo of golden hair splayed out on the pillow behind her.

She wanted to wake up to this sight every morning, and then again, in the next life.

"Have I told you I loved you today?" Ryujin grinned cheekily.

Yeji laughed softly, and Ryujin's heart clenched at the sound. "Only Ten million times last night."

"First one of the day then." Ryujin declared, kissing her shoulder. "And then another, and another, and one for our vows, and then during the party, and of course when we sneak away to gaze at the ocean...and then eight or nine thousand times in our post marital sex marathon, and then, of course, when we leave for our honeymoon-"

Yeji was laughing blissfully by that point, her whole body shaking, and Ryujin found it absolutely entrancing, leaning forward to kiss her jaw.

"I love you, Hwang Ye-"

"Shin." Yeji whispered.

Ryujin grinned. "...Shin Yeji."

"I love it." Yeji confessed.

"I love her."

And their peaceful moment was of course, ruined by real life.

Hongsam was pawing at the closed door, where a sudden pounding was heard.

"Wake up, love-birds! It's the big day, and I won't have you fucking up my immaculate planning cause you couldn't keep it in your pants." Chaeryeong's voice echoed.

Ryujin smirked, "Not wearing pants, Ryeong."

"You disgust me."

*

"Good morning, girls." Lana grinned as Ryujin and Yeji joined everyone at the table for breakfast, fully dressed and ready to embark on the biggest day of their lives.

Ryujin and Yeji were sickeningly attached, fingers laced together as they sat side by side at the table, blushing and trading little smiles.

"Sorry, but breakfast is going to have to be quick today," Lana announced. "Jihyo has us on a tight schedule." Jihyo is their wedding planner, specifically hired by Lana much to Ryujin's dismay. "I'm ecstatic."

"I can see that." Ryujin pointed out. "You're about to serve us raw pancake batter."

"Oh, god." Lana slapped her forehead. "Sorry. I'm excited."