CH. 12

The brights sun's light filtered its way through the slits in the palm trees as the group made their way down the strip of stores, everything particularly boutique and expensive looking.

Yeji had been watching Ryujin like a hawk, noticing the way she'd check the time on the lock screen of her phone every so often, or check her messages.

Yeji hadn't noticed that Ryujin was watching her as well, giving her small smiles when Yeji would talk to Karina or laugh at Jefri's jokes.

They walked down the little strip, hand in hand, enjoying the breeze that flitted by. The boys had opted to stay at the hotel poolside, save for Jefri, who was ready to follow Karina to the ends of the earth, and Changbin, who claimed he needed "more leather."

Every once in a while, Karina would tug her fiancé in the direction of a store she wanted to see, and he'd kiss her hand, and follow along blissfully.

"That's fucking sad." Changbin muttered. "Poor dude's more whipped than a horse."

Chaeryeong smirked, "Why? Because you asked Karina out and she straight up rejected you at senior year homecoming?"

Changbin rolled his eyes, muttering something unsavory.

Ryujin smirked, mimicking Changbin's impression. "Hey babe, why don't you and I head over to the bathroom and really score some touchdowns."

Yeji Chuckled at Ryujin's deep tone, wishing she'd known Ryujin even then.

"Be honest, would you have slept with me if I used that on you?" Ryujin teased.

Honest? Yeji could do honest.

"Probably." She smirked, watching Ryujin's jaw drop.

She loved Ryujin, but knew the girl was like the ever changing seasons. She wanted to experience more of her, all of her. Sure, now was the sweltering heat of Ryujin's life, the summer love, metaphorically. But what about the spring that made her who she was? Ryujin thought Yeji wasn't fond of her wealth, her privilege, her careless lifestyle.

The truth was, Yeji was fond of everything and anything that was innately Ryujin.

"Oh, Ryujin." Lana sighed, pausing at the window front of a particularly expensive looking store. "How about a few dresses?"

Ryujin made a face, and Yeji stifled a laugh. "Mom, after last night's photos, you have lost all dressing privileges." Ryujin grumbled.

"I'm sure Yeji would agree with me." Lana tried once more. "Wouldn't you love Ryujin in some new dresses?"

Yeji cleared her throat and tried to embody Switzerland itself, the voice of neutrality. "I think Ryujin looks stunning in anything, Mrs. Shin."

Lana smiled at that, and Keith nodded. "Good answer, kid. You sure you don't want a job at a PR firm or something? I know a guy who-" Ryujin glanced at her watch, eyes widening, and then froze, stopping Yeji as well. "Dad. She doesn't want the job. We have to go get ice cream, though."

Jisu lifted a brow, and Chaeryeong followed suit. "Is that an innuendo for something?"

"What? No." Ryujin rolled her eyes. "You guys go ahead. We'll be back."

"Ryujin, what are we-" Yeji's question was halted when Ryujin squeezed her hand and offered her a breathtaking smile.

"It's a surprise." Ryujin grinned, tugging her towards the cute little ice-cream shop on the corner of the strip.

"Ryujin?" Yeji asked, brow furrowed.

"Yeji." Ryujin sighed in exasperation, handing Yeji a twenty. "Please, just get me a mint chip cone." She batted her eyelashes. "Please."