CH. 16

Ryujin awoke to the sight of Yeji carrying a coffee to her bedside, fully dressed and apparently showered, her damp hair falling around her in soft curls.

Ryujin's eyes widened when she glanced at the clock beside her side of the bed.

"Eleven thirty?" She gasped, and Yeji smirked.

"You were very tired. In fact, I had to check for a pulse."

"Shut up." Ryujin rolled her eyes. She immediately clutched her head, ignoring the dull pain that was reminiscent of her alcohol imbibing college days. "Ow. How did I even get to bed? I don't remember."

"You don't?" Yeji's smirk only grew as she sat on the edge of the bed with a look of pure amusement.

"No, I don't." Ryujin retorted, squeezing Yeji's hand as a thank you, as she accepted the coffee.

"I help carried you." Yeji grinned. "You made fun of me for not being able to hold my liquor, but you, dork, are something else entirely. Slept face first on the table."

"Shut up." Ryujin gaped. "I-never-that's never happened before."

"Apparently my arm made the sweetest pillow." Yeji smirked. "I'm quite flattered, if not offended because I spend hours at the gym trying to tone them."

"I've noticed." Ryujin blurted out quickly, and as soon as Yeji looked up in surprise, she sipped the coffee a little too quickly, wincing as she did so. "Shit!"

Yeji chuckled and looked away, hardly moving when Ryujin gave her a light kick.

"Well, did you at least get in your run?" Ryujin asked softly.

"And then some." Yeji nodded. "I came back, half expecting you to yell at me for taking my sweet time, but you didn't. That's when I checked your pulse."

Ryujin stuck her tongue out at her childishly, in lieu of a comeback.

"You were very peaceful." Yeji commented in a soft tone, and Ryujin forgot about anything in the world except for Yeji's lips.

"So, today's our break day. Because tonight, the group's party." Ryujin grinned.

"You sure you can handle that?" Yeji fired, clearly enjoying her little victory over Ryujin.

Ryujin had to struggle not to think of Yeji's tone arms carrying her to bed just hours ago. She wished she'd been awake to remember that glorious moment.

"Look, smartass Yeji is back. Good. I was getting worried." Ryujin spoke wryly as she rose to stretch, noticing her bra was still on, but she was in her underwear and a loose t-shirt. She quirked a brow. "Did we have sex?"

Yeji sputtered, shaking her head, cheeks red. "What? Oh, god, Ryujin, no, I-"

"Relax, nerd." Ryujin smirked, leaning forward to kiss Yeji's forehead. "It's called a joke."

Yeji heaved a sigh of relief, and Ryujin knew Yeji never would have taken advantage of her like that. But of course, it was fun to see the usually reserved and stoic brunette trip over her own words every once in a while.

"I think I'll go shower." Ryujin murmured. "Thank you for the coffee, Yeddeong."

"Of course." Yeji dipped her head. "I'll give Yuna a call, see how she's faring without her new best friend."

"Tell her Ryujin says Hi!" Ryujin threw over her shoulder cheekily as she shut the bathroom door, leaving Yeji to sink into the bed with a sigh.

Ryujin's kiss still burned her forehead.